Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence for Tralee?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence for Tralee?

According to local Sinn Féin TD Martin Ferris, speaking on Radio Kerry this morning, plans to locate a Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence in Tralee are at a very delicate stage. He said if it comes to fruition it would create more than 4000 jobs and make it the largest centre of employment in the country.

See G.P.C.E - Home

This would be huge for the entire southwest. Lets hope it comes off.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrygold View Post
    According to local Sinn Féin TD Martin Ferris, speaking on Radio Kerry this morning, plans to locate a Global Pharmaceutical Centre of Excellence in Tralee are at a very delicate stage. He said if it comes to fruition it would create more than 4000 jobs and make it the largest centre of employment in the country.

See G.P.C.E - Home

This would be huge for the entire southwest. Lets hope it comes off.
    I sincerely hope it does too.. but, and I have huge time for Martin and Toireasa, I hope to God his announcement at "a delicate stage" doesn't cause any problems
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    I sincerely hope it does too.. but, and I have huge time for Martin and Toireasa, I hope to God his announcement at "a delicate stage" doesn't cause any problems
    Hope not, but I think that was said to try and prevent people from getting carried away before its actually confirmed. Looking at the details on the website it would seem that a lot of work has already gone into it.

Right like SF have anything to do with attracting it to the region !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More like a sniff of an announcement so claim it and then claim credit for it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as this motley bunch of lawyers, consultants & accountants don't expect the Irish state to pony up up some incentives just for them then it's all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be a wonderful development for Tralee and Kerry and the South West, but what is the concrete numbers and reason behind this proposal. Why Tralee for example and not closer to Cork which is a large pharma centre. Also using a local builder and architect for a $4.7 billion MWA - Michael Williams Associates who appears to have worked only locally on quite small schemes seems odd to me.

The company was only formed in June of this year

http://www.solocheck.ie/FreeIrishCom...LLENCE+LIMITED

This has the look of someone trying to rejig some development land in the Tralee area looking for grant aid from the state to build an industrial business park.
    Last edited by KingKane; 19th July 2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Right like SF have anything to do with attracting it to the region !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More like a sniff of an announcement so claim it and then claim credit for it.

Grow up ffs. Can you not just welcome some positive news no matter where it comes from?

And how do you know what work has been done behind the scenes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingKane View Post
    It would be a wonderful development for Tralee and Kerry and the South West, but what is the concrete numbers and reason behind this proposal. Why Tralee for example and not closer to Cork which is a large pharma centre. Also using a local builder and architect for a $4.7 billion MWA - Michael Williams Associates who appears to have worked only locally on quite small schemes seems odd to me.

He's not the only one to be fair JODA Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrygold View Post
    Grow up ffs. Can you not just welcome some positive news no matter where it comes from?

And how do you know what work has been done behind the scenes?
    Right so apart from SF's previous Import business exactly what experience do they of long term pharma research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingKane View Post

The company was only formed in June of this year

GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICAL CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE LIMITED - Irish Company Info - SoloCheck

This has the look of someone trying to rejig some development land in the Tralee area looking for grant aid from the state to build an industrial business park.
    The company behind it Pharmadel Leaders in Global Healthcare has been in existence for 15 years and its board of governance includes the likes of Dr. Maurice Neligan and Alan Dukes.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast