Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel: flotilla raid justified, is Israel now a rogue, terrorist state ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Israel: flotilla raid justified, is Israel now a rogue, terrorist state ?

The Israelis have found the flotilla raid justified, albeit with minor quibbles over operational details
    Israeli inquiry finds raid justified - The Irish Times - Mon, Jul 12, 2010

Let's remember, in international waters, Israel launched a sudden strike against humanitarian ships. Israel's soldiers shot dead 9 people, some of whom were shot in the back.

I don't think we can consider Israel a normal or civilised state any longer, they have long since lowered themselves to the level of the terrorists they oppose. I think they should be treated accordingly, and privileges of civilised statehood denied them.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    The Israelis have found the flotilla raid justified, albeit with minor quibbles over operational details
    Israeli inquiry finds raid justified - The Irish Times - Mon, Jul 12, 2010

Let's remember, in international waters, Israel launched a sudden strike against humanitarian ships. Israel's soldiers shot dead 9 people, some of whom were shot in the back.

I don't think we can consider Israel a normal or civilised state any longer, they have long since lowered themselves to the level of the terrorists they oppose. I think they should be treated accordingly, and privileges of civilised statehood denied them.

cYp
    Is that in your gift ?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone honestly say they expected anything resembling accountability from Israel? They admit no wrongdoing and are deaf to sustained international criticism.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you mean now? They've been a rogue terrorist state as long as I can remember (late 30s).

Just like their big brothers in the US and UK. Rogue terrorists all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    Is that in your gift ?
    Well there's a number of actions Ireland can undertake, including getting them back on the list of un-cooperative states regards money laundering (they've been on/off it a long time)

Reducing their diplomatic mission here to the bare minimum

Freezing bank accounts related to their state operations

etc

There's no sense any longer in pretending we are dealing with a legitimate state - they've fully gone to the dark side.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A terrorist state views its terrorist actions as legitimate. Are you surprised?

The Irish government need to organise a proper Israeli boycott. I can't see them doing it though.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    No.
    They don't really believe that they've done anything wrong, and probably are very puzzled as to why the rest of the world does not agree with them!
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anybody show me anything in this article which is 'wrong'? Putting aside your love him/hate him feelings of course and looking at it objectively.

Ian O'Doherty: So-called 'do-gooders' provoked the Israelis - Ian O'Doherty, Columnists - Independent.ie

Particularly this statement:

"And for all the crocodile tears that are shed for the Palestinians, where was the person on that boat who said: "Hang on -- we can make a political point another day, today let's just concentrate on getting baby formula to starving Palestinian children?"

Where was the person who reckoned that the time for posturing could come another day, because they were more concerned with being pro-Palestinian than they were with being anti-Israeli?"
    Finally! A party for Ireland that is actually different to 'the others'. Check out the IPRI.
    The Independence Party Of Ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IPRIreland View Post
    Can anybody show me anything in this article which is 'wrong'? Putting aside your love him/hate him feelings of course and looking at it objectively.

Ian O'Doherty: So-called 'do-gooders' provoked the Israelis - Ian O'Doherty, Columnists - Independent.ie

Particularly this statement:
    This part is wrong:

After all, every boat in the flotilla had been given the option of docking in the nearby Israeli port of the historic town -- well, they're all pretty historic in that part of the world, in fairness -- of Ashdod.

When docked, their cargo would be searched by Israeli military customs to make sure they weren't bringing weapons or war material into Gaza and then they would be allowed to go in and distribute the aid to the needy civilians.
    Far more than just 'war material' was banned by Isreal. The banned list (which is a secret list and subject to change without notice) included things like childrens toys, corriander, tinned fish and concrete:

BBC News - Details of Gaza blockade revealed in court case

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast