Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Boston Bruins in Belfast?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Young Ned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Boston Bruins in Belfast?

    And to think I'll have left Ireland only a week or two before this is supposed to happen. If anyone needs any Bruins tops let me know.

    Northern Irelandís hottest ice hockey tickets of the decade have gone on sale following the news that the world famous Boston Bruins will travel to Belfast in October to play their first ever game outside of North America, against the Belfast Giants at the Odyssey Arena.

    Boston Bruins ticket fever grips Belfast - Other Sports, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member centauro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,549
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Ned View Post
    And to think I'll have left Ireland only a week or two before this is supposed to happen. If anyone needs any Bruins tops let me know.
    Aye, and we had the Dropkick Murphys playing here a couple of months ago. Cracking gig.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Young Ned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by centauro View Post
    Aye, and we had the Dropkick Murphys playing here a couple of months ago. Cracking gig.
    You like Dropkicks? I admit I'm a little surprised. I have a few of their albums, but they're usually a bit much for me. Do you like Flogging Molly by any chance?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member centauro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,549
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Ned View Post
    You like Dropkicks? I admit I'm a little surprised. I have a few of their albums, but they're usually a bit much for me. Do you like Flogging Molly by any chance?
    I do indeed, have a couple of their albums, but have about a dozen of the Dropkicks (possibly all of them?) And a natty collection of Dropkicks T shirts. For Boston must be one of the most rousing bits of music ever...

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Young Ned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by centauro View Post
    I do indeed, have a couple of their albums, but have about a dozen of the Dropkicks (possibly all of them?) And a natty collection of Dropkicks T shirts. For Boston must be one of the most rousing bits of music ever...
    I do like For Boston.. My favorite is their version of Rocky Road to Dublin, and of course Shipping up to Boston. They used to come into my local pub every once in a while. I'm sure you'll hear some dropkicks if you attend the Bruins match.

    I grew up loving punk, but I'm mellowing out a bit in my old age.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Any chance of the Celtics coming to Belfast? I wonder what the reception would be

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Young Ned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio View Post
    Any chance of the Celtics coming to Belfast? I wonder what the reception would be
    I was wondering the same thing.. I think you might find a lot of confused football fans

    Boston fans are known for being rowdy.. I sort of wonder what the reception will be if enough of them show up and start drinking.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member ” Donnchadha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston USA
    Posts
    2,085
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Ned View Post
    And to think I'll have left Ireland only a week or two before this is supposed to happen. If anyone needs any Bruins tops let me know.


    Boston Bruins ticket fever grips Belfast - Other Sports, Sport - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk
    I have access to many Bruins tops, I live here in Boston.

    Here they have made special St. Patrick jerseys for sale.

    Reebok Boston Bruins St. Patrick's Jersey (Blank or Customized) - Shop.NHL.com

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Boston people are always welcome, especially those from Southie.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Young Ned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ” Donnchadha View Post
    I have access to many Bruins tops, I live here in Boston.

    Here they have made special St. Patrick jerseys for sale.

    Reebok Boston Bruins St. Patrick's Jersey (Blank or Customized) - Shop.NHL.com

    Oh yeah? Me, too.. which part? I'm in JP.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •