Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunt on for Tyneside gunsman

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Hunt on for Tyneside gunsman

Rothybury has been ground to a halt for the last 2 days as a manhunt for Raoul Moat. He "Declared war" on the Northumbria police force in a 49 page written letter, and has apparently shot his ex-girlfriend, murdered her partner and shot a policeofficer.

The news at the moment is that he got out of prison on July the first, then went to kill his former girlfriend. So he shoots her through a window. Her boyfriend then attempts to flee, leaving her. Moat shoots and kills him, then shoots a policeman. His hatred for the police apparently comes from his time incarcerated and his girlfriend telling him she was leaving him for a policeman (a lie).

An astonishing story.

BBC News - Armed police seal off town in hunt for Tyneside gunman
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure why would people in Ireland be interested in such mundane events over there in England...?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Raoul Moat

Fascinating story, isn't it? Can one maniac with a gun really bring all of Britain to a seeming standstill? And what happens if the cops don't catch him? How long do they stay scouring the Northumbrian moors?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Police searched a house yesterday and it seems they left live amunition in a room of that house, i think the police will have a lot of questions to answer after all this,
    it must be frightening for the people in the area, but which area is the question i am not so sure.

Too bad he didn't break the speed limit or missed a tax return. He would have been arrested within an hour.

But to walk casually and calmly around the North of England with a rifle randomly shooting people? Nay bother.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haven't been following it that closely but he surely must have escaped the area the police were searching hasn't he? I mean hundreds of police officers have been 'closing the net' for the last couple of days? Obviously there is a lot of land to cover but you would think there would have been some sight of him at this stage.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fascinating indeed . Its kinda weird too , how the media is wrapped up in it so much , afterall there are hundreds of murderers on the loose in the UK and a fair few here also . I know he shot a cop , but still , there are even bigger nuts than him, just strolling about the place.
    Last edited by TonyBird; 9th July 2010 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd say the "temporary" chief constable's career will be made or broken on the back of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he must of being watching bear grylls ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A shootout at dawn, sooner or later they'll catch him, just how many poor sods will the nut take with him is the question.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast