Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Film about Corrib gas line: The Pipe: Irish premiere

Default Film about Corrib gas line: The Pipe: Irish premiere

The documentary film The Pipe is having its Irish premiere at the Galway Film Fleadh, Town Hall Theatre on July 8th at 7pm.

This film is about the controversy surrounding the Corrib gas project, which to my mind is one of Ireland's most important social, economic and environmental issues at the moment, and in recent history.
    For those who are interested in finding out more, please try to see this film sometime. There are those who will tell you not to bother, but please just try to get an idea for yourself of what's going on there in Mayo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't think anyone's going say not to bother, it might be an interesting watch. One small point though.

It's a little difficult to claim that
    "The Pipe is a story of a community tragically divided, and how they deal with a pipe that could bring economic prosperity or destruction of a way of life shared for generations."
    If they're only featuring one side of that divided community's story
    Characters | The Pipe
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the link to the film website

| The Pipe
    Are we a nation, or are we just an economy in thrall to international private banking?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthforsooth View Post
    The documentary film The Pipe is having its Irish premiere at the Galway Film Fleadh, Town Hall Theatre on July 8th at 7pm.

This film is about the controversy surrounding the Corrib gas project, which to my mind is one of Ireland's most important social, economic and environmental issues at the moment, and in recent history.
    For those who are interested in finding out more, please try to see this film sometime. There are those who will tell you not to bother, but please just try to get an idea for yourself of what's going on there in Mayo.
    Will have a look at that as soon as I get a chance. I'm sure it will be an improvement on the hatchet job so-called documentary, that Gerry Gregg made on the Corrib Gas issue that was presented by Paul Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I don't think anyone's going say not to bother, it might be an interesting watch.
    I didn't mean to suggest that anyone would say it's not worth the bother, but there are those out there, and in here, who are happy if not too many people try to find out about the issues involved in the Corrib dispute, and who might try to discourage others from watching the film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have to say I'm a bit suspicious. RTÉ covered it tonight. Given that their coverage of the dispute over the last few years has been totally biased in favour of Shell I'd have my doubts, but prepared to give it a look.
    "The rich always betray the poor"- Henry Joy McCracken

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talk about injustice!!! I can say with confidence, if the babies had to be raped (hypothetically), in order for this to go ahead, rest assured the gardai would carry out such orders. Absolutely despicable stuff going on over there. As usual, our government have made a complete pigs ear of this. They had more money than sense when all the cash rolled in from property, and we had near zero unemployment, thats when shell made their move. They have got our national treasure at a fraction of what its worth, and are now in the process of ignoring peoples rights and trying to barge their way through with this thing. The laws these whores are breaking, and to be assisted by THE LAW!!! FFS. Big money versus little people.... there is normally only one winner. Shame on this government, shame on shell, shame on the rest of us that sit by and do nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R View Post
    Talk about injustice!!! I can say with confidence, if the babies had to be raped (hypothetically), in order for this to go ahead, rest assured the gardai would carry out such orders.
    cops hypothetically raping kids?

em. what?

Politics.ie Member slippy wicket's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F.U.B.A.R View Post
    Talk about injustice!!! I can say with confidence, if the babies had to be raped (hypothetically), in order for this to go ahead, rest assured the gardai would carry out such orders. Absolutely despicable stuff going on over there. As usual, our government have made a complete pigs ear of this. They had more money than sense when all the cash rolled in from property, and we had near zero unemployment, thats when shell made their move. They have got our national treasure at a fraction of what its worth, and are now in the process of ignoring peoples rights and trying to barge their way through with this thing. The laws these whores are breaking, and to be assisted by THE LAW!!! FFS. Big money versus little people.... there is normally only one winner. Shame on this government, shame on shell, shame on the rest of us that sit by and do nothing.
    I take it you are not a fan then.
    Look, the crusties lost and the rest of the country regards the 'locals' that are against this little more than degenerate luddite backwoodsmen who are incapable of seeing the big picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    If they're only featuring one side of that divided community's story
    Characters | The Pipe
    Very well spotted sir.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast