Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Receiver appointed to Jim Mansfield's Citywest Group - 400 jobs at risk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Receiver appointed to Jim Mansfield's Citywest Group - 400 jobs at risk

Just breaking. Few details yet.

Receiver appointed to Citywest Hotel - The Irish Times - Tue, Jul 06, 2010

Some 400 jobs could be under threat after a receiver was appointed to CItywest Hotel, it emerged this evening.

Citywest Hotel, one of the biggest hotels in Europe, comprises 1,730 hotel rooms, suites and apartments; two golf courses and a large convention centre. It employs some 400 people.

Bank of Scotland (Ireland) Limited has appointed Martin Ferris of Ferris & Associates as receiver to the company HSS, trading as Citywest Hotel, Golf and Leisure.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A scrap merchant becomes a hands-on hotelier and it doesn't work out - what a surprise.

P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    A scrap merchant becomes a hands-on hotelier and it doesn't work out - what a surprise.

P.
    He made his money trading in junk?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post

P.
    here here - sorry for the jobs at risk but I hope Mansfield ends up on the scrap heap himself !

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    here here - sorry for the jobs at risk but I hope Mansfield ends up on the scrap heap himself !
    Having heard stories for years from staff who knew the place, seeing how badly the place was doing on sites like Tripadvisor and then factoring in that it's a tourist hotel in the middle of nowhere, I always thought it was a matter of time and I imagine that most staff were likewise.

P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was a spin piece in the Indo, I think, this last weekend with Mansfield saying everything was fine and some American company had approached him with a view to buying the Group for One Billion. HA!! Spin spin spin.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mansfield is another one of the bertie boys, over exposed & over stayed! I've a bit of delight in his demise but worried we, the tax payer, will end up with his bar bill which I'm sure will have the Palmanstown House & Weston added on as extra's!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just looked at the trip advisor comments - surprised that they havent been gone for years !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my view, its a complete Kip and they have no idea how to run a hotel. FF Ard Feis etc kept them going for years. Don't know anyone who stayed there voluntarily, ie not at a conference there, who liked it.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by corelli View Post
    There was a spin piece in the Indo, I think, this last weekend with Mansfield saying everything was fine and some American company had approached him with a view to buying the Group for One Billion. HA!! Spin spin spin.
    Ahh poor ould jim. he he he
    Maybe andrea roche saw the writing on the wall ?

Sad for the decent workers but not for mansfield and his tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grinch View Post
    Mansfield is another one of the bertie boys, over exposed & over stayed! I've a bit of delight in his demise but worried we, the tax payer, will end up with his bar bill which I'm sure will have the Palmanstown House & Weston added on as extra's!!
    Yeah I would be interested in Weston alright.
    Another egotistical dream.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast