Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Labour Councillors Join Mob Harrassment of Innocent Family

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Labour Councillors Join Mob Harrassment of Innocent Family

The ugly face of modern Ireland is on show in Wicklow, led by rabble-rousing Labour councillors.

Innocent relatives of a man convicted of a sex offence 18 years ago are being hounded out of Wicklow, with the charge being led by Labour Party councillors. The man was given a suspended six month sentence 18 years ago for 'Unlawful Carnal Knowledge of a Minor'.

This unfortunate family has been run out of a string of locations across Wicklow following mob-protests, culminating in the burning of a local authority house yesterday.

It is my understanding that relatives of convicted criminals are not found guilty through blood association. Indeed, they are entirely innocent unless found guilty. Collective punishments, to my knowledge, are illegal in this state and almost all others.

Labour councillors, having realised the local electoral difficulties they would face through behaving with humanity, compassion and christian or humanist decency, have ditched any hint of such qualities and have aligned themselves with the baying mob. Of course they 'utterly condemn the burning of the house' by fellow-protestors. Yeah, right. The fact that the arson occured while the protestors stood outside the house makes a laughing-stock of such hand-wringing.

Here is an innocent family being hounded from pillar to post. That's an ugly modern manifestation of the dark impulses that lay behind the burning of women as witches a few hundred years ago.

It is simply a disgrace that the party founded by James Connolly would be involved in such a campaign of naked harrassment against a woman and her children who have undoubtedly suffered terribly through the actions of one of their relatives.

Of course I realise that people are concerned for the safety of their children. It would appear that the man at the centre has not re-offended in over 18 ears, and it is also clear that children are at vastly greater risk of being sexually abused within the home than at the hands of strangers.

Would the wife of a man of 80 with a single similar conviction from 60 years ago be chased out of Wicklow? On this evidence, quite possibly. Would it be justifiable? Obviously not.

I daresay some or most of the members of this mob attend church and pretend they are christians. Can they imagine the Christ they pay lip-service to condoning this type of behaviour, or would they imagine him standing against the mob.

Will any member of this family ever be allowed to live in peace? Ever?

This brings disgrace on any elected representative who joins the mob, regardless of what party they represent. So far, Labour has been to the fore in this dark episode.

It's amazing how a sniff of government can infect a political party, putting a sledgehammer through its moral compass.

links/evidence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Council takes sex offenders off housing list - The Irish Times - Tue, Jul 06, 2010

If this as an FG lead move, we'd be hearing about fascists and mob rule by now.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is indeed disgusting behaviour. Where the hell were the garda??
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People should be careful not to name names or to be including stuff that they can't stand over. This is an interesting story and it should be discussed but people should not say things that might cause problems for the site or themselves.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

WICKLOW COUNTY councillors have passed a motion to remove convicted sex offenders “and those who consort” with them from the local authority housing list.
    Yeah that ain't going to stand up to scrutiny.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Morons. I trust Mr. Gilmore will bring them into line!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think Labour councillors "led the rabble rousing", more reacted to the ongoing protests. Represented their constituents views, perhaps.

tbh I think there's more to this story than the papers are prepared/ allowed to print, probably on both sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    I don't think Labour councillors "led the rabble rousing", more reacted to the ongoing protests. Represented their constituents views, perhaps.

tbh I think there's more to this story than the papers are prepared/ allowed to print, probably on both sides.
    I thought local reps were supposed to provide leadership in the community nor merely parrot whatever local people say? I think that Kevin Kiely has a challenger for populist panderer of the year.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Hell with all the dead members of the Catholic Church
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why are people shocked, this is the Labour Party we are talking about, if they had their way we would be halfway to Fidels 'Cuban Paradise' by now and it would be anyone who was even slightly right wing who would be swimming to 'free Wales'.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast