Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut backs for children with intellectual disabilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cut backs for children with intellectual disabilities.

RTÉ News: Galway lobby group vows to fight HSE cutbacks

They played no part in the Financial crisis but now the families of children with intellectual disabilities will be forced to suffer.

I fully understand the reasons the HSE is forced to make cutbacks.

I am also aware today that upwards of 4,000 bank workers will likely lose their jobs in the coming weeks.

However, the Banking sector in Ireland must understand the pain that they are inflicting on the most vulnerable in our society.

The banks will return to profitability at some stage in the future but will they have a social conscience?

Will they feel any obligation towards these children?
    Last edited by Glucose; 5th July 2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fail to understand the connection between 4000 soon to be unemployed bank workers, and children with disabilities having their funds cut.

In fact, you've immediately compromised a potentially important thread with the above sh1tehawking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I fail to understand the connection between 4000 soon to be unemployed bank workers, and children with disabilities having their funds cut.

In fact, you've immediately compromised a potentially important thread with the above sh1tehawking.
    The banking sector turned this economy into a basket case by running this country like a giant monopoly boardgame.

The reason there has to be cuts made by the HSE is because our country is now bankrupt.

not a hard connection to make.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we can only spend what we earn.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toughbutfair View Post
    Why are we paying for a bank like anglo ?

Why are we putting aside your beloved rules of capitalism for one entity, yet rigidly enforcing them for another ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NAMA is going to make a loss yet it can pay lawyers and accountants €400 an hour for 'advice'. €2.40 Billion set aside for lawyers and accountants.

Think about that as children are deliberately targeted.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldira1 View Post
    NAMA is going to make a loss yet it can pay lawyers and accountants €400 an hour for 'advice'. €2.40 Billion set aside for lawyers and accountants.

Think about that as children are deliberately targeted.
    It is sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fianna Fail. Intellectual disabilities. Where to start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand that we have an enormous financial black hole in this country.
    However, when you think of the shocking waste of Money that is going on in this country at the moment from the tribunal in Dublin Castle to Anglo Irish to NAMA-It's perverse.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can justify anything with that mantra.

For instance, hypothetically, if you have a terrible car accident sometime soon with your family in the car also, and your loved one suffers delibitating injuries, when you go looking for respite care, carers facilities and state support, and fail to receive adequate care - my response to you will be 'sorry, we can only spend what we earn'. That will be tough but fair. You'll probably ap[preciate that on some level.

Now of course, I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. However, I do get the feeling that you have a rather large absence of empathy for people, and perhaps the only way you mght ever gain empathy would be to be put in their position.

I also understand from reading your posts, and even looking at your username that you're the man who isn't afraid to tell it like it is, to tell us stuff we don't want to hear, to be the devils advocate, the only voice of reason in a world thats tough, and unfair. To be tough, but fair.

However a pithy 'we can only spend what we earn' in response to a story about the most vulnerable in socierty getting flayed for the mistakes of their rulers seems to indicate that there probably isn't an awful lot else in your repetoire to produce. For instance, zero analysis of what we spend, how we spend it, what we earn, and how we earn it, and how valuable resources (i.e. money) can be diverted to assisting children with intellectual disabilities, who have no one to fight for them bar parents most likely at the end of their tether.

'We can only spend what we earn' indeed.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast