Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 79

Thread: Standing Ovation for Mattie

  1. #1

    Default Standing Ovation for Mattie

    Mattie McGrath attended tonights Munster Greyhound Derby Final in Clonmel where he received a standing ovation from the large attendance

    i actually saw him at a funeral earlier today and he was surrounded by well-wishers there too

    far from being a gom, Mattie appears to have pulled a political masterstroke. If there is an election anytime soon he will the top the poll in South Tipperary, elected on the first count

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Pabilito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,419
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingofpiccadilly View Post
    i actually saw him at a funeral earlier today and he was surrounded by well-wishers there too
    Christ did you have to mention a politician attending a funeral!

    It was all good until that gom remark.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Gauloises's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Perhaps his supporters will get this to no. 1 at the next election.

    From the 2007 Election….. FF hunting Rebel Mattie McGraths Campaign Song Irish Election Literature Blog

  4. #4

    Default

    available as a ringtone too apparently

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Mushroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Provence.
    Posts
    15,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingofpiccadilly View Post

    far from being a gom, Mattie appears to have pulled a political masterstroke. If there is an election anytime soon he will the top the poll in South Tipperary, elected on the first count

    Good news - hopefully that'll signal the end of that arrogant, stammering Haughey/Ahern apologist/toady Manser's* time in public life.

    * the gh is silent, as in arseghole.
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

  6. #6

    Default

    A man of the People.....one of the very few politicians that seems to care about what the people want.
    Politics Mods.....where were you when the mink were released?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Good news - hopefully that'll signal the end of that arrogant, stammering Haughey/Ahern apologist Manser's* time in public life.

    * the gh is silent, as in arseghole.


    if an election were to be called Manseragh would do well to finish fourth in a three seater

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member borntorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingofpiccadilly View Post

    far from being a gom, Mattie appears to have pulled a political masterstroke. If there is an election anytime soon he will the top the poll in South Tipperary, elected on the first count
    That should read:

    "As a direct result of being a gom, Mattie appears to have pulled a political masterstroke."

    And yet again, the peasants cheer for the sort of eejit who got us into the mess. I'm f**king off to Germany

  9. #9

    Default

    one of the fundamental principles of democracy is that "peasants" get a vote too

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    That should read:

    "As a direct result of being a gom, Mattie appears to have pulled a political masterstroke."

    And yet again, the peasants cheer for the sort of eejit who got us into the mess. I'm f**king off to Germany
    How did Mattie contribute?
    Politics Mods.....where were you when the mink were released?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •