Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Images of Luas and Metro

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Images of Luas and Metro

Robbed these off Archiseek thanks to Morlan http://www.archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?t=8241

OC St wihout BXD

BXD Alignment

Marlboro Street
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

College Green

The more things change eh?

St Stephen's Green

Dawson Street

We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd definitely have to say that the Luas and the Dart have been two of the four most important infrastructural developments in DUblin in the last 25 years, the other two being the IFSC and the M50. With this in mind, I am truly excited at the prospect of the Metro, Dart Underground and extended Luasanna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I often scratch my head and wonder why in the hell the Ballymun Luas line wasn't built first of all.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoungLiberal View Post
    With this in mind, I am truly excited at the prospect of the Metro, Dart Underground and extended Luasanna.
    So long as it is all correctly integrated. By that I mean that if one has to cross barriers (as one does on any Metro or train - not tram though) that they can move from one system to another at intersection points without going through more barriers and without extra cost. This is the danger of having multiple systems and multiple operators in a small city.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanmacc View Post
    I often scratch my head and wonder why in the hell the Ballymun Luas line wasn't built first of all.
    Ballymun isn't getting a Luas, it's getting a metro.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfás View Post
    So long as it is all correctly integrated. By that I mean that if one has to cross barriers (as one does on any Metro or train - not tram though) that they can move from one system to another at intersection points without going through more barriers and without extra cost. This is the danger of having multiple systems in a small city and multiple operators in a small city.
    At interchange points such as Pearse, Docklands and Stephen's Green I would assume that no further barriers will require to be passed through going from Metro to DART. Luas has none anyway and I don't think Metro will either except at underground stops. Our metro is not comparable to European Metros - our one is light rail, the only real difference to Luas is that it is, in the most part, fully segregated but it will look and feel very similar to Luas. Metro in Paris for example is heavy rail.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally it was meant to get a Luas and the Metro would've gone to Finglas under the DTO strategy. This arrangment would have allowed Metro West to have been a more direct and viable option for Blanch to the city centre than via Ballymun further east.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso View Post
    Originally it was meant to get a Luas and the Metro would've gone to Finglas under the DTO strategy. This arrangment would have allowed Metro West to have been a more direct and viable option for Blanch to the city centre than via Ballymun further east.
    Ah right, wasn't aware of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was even a Luas plan for Swords. The Ballymun line would of made a lot of sense at the time. There was a lot of the Luas plans scaled back and tanked for whatever reasons and the Luas was essentially done half assed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast