Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Tony Blair hits out at Black people

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Catalpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dublin West
    Posts
    10,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Tony Blair hits out at Black people

    Tony Blair yesterday claimed the spate of knife and gun murders in London was not being caused by poverty, but a distinctive black culture. His remarks angered community leaders, who accused him of ignorance and failing to provide support for black-led efforts to tackle the problem.
    One accused him of misunderstanding the advice he had been given on the issue at a Downing Street summit.

    Black community leaders reacted after Mr Blair said the recent violence should not be treated as part of a general crime wave, but as specific to black youth. He said people had to drop their political correctness and recognise that the violence would not be stopped "by pretending it is not young black kids doing it".



    http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffa ... 58,00.html


    Has he gone a step too far or is this the begining of the end of PC comments on Race Relations?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    He spoke the Truth!

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Your own headline reads 'Tony Blair hits out at black people'. Do you think that's a fair assessment of the article? I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot. We shouldn't say these things. I mean we shouldn't really complain that some Travellers can create serious litter problems because that's racist too isn't it. We shouldn't say lawyers and developers are gangsters cos that might hurt their feelings. What about the poor SUV drivers and all that horrible stuff the environmentalists say about them?[/quote]

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Half of all prisoners in America are black. The truth needs to be told, certain people will always get offended. Only problem is Tony will have an army of civil liberties groups hammering him down, just because he offended people. But too ******************************ing bad.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Catalpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dublin West
    Posts
    10,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggs
    Your own headline reads 'Tony Blair hits out at black people'. Do you think that's a fair assessment of the article? I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot. We shouldn't say these things. I mean we shouldn't really complain that some Travellers can create serious litter problems because that's racist too isn't it. We shouldn't say lawyers and developers are gangsters cos that might hurt their feelings. What about the poor SUV drivers and all that horrible stuff the environmentalists say about them?
    [/quote]

    Yes maybe I should have sais 'Tony Blair hits out at Black Youths - but hey they are people too!

    I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

    Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

    If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called!

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Newbie Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    was he not correct? as far as i can tell its between black gangs in south london... if it were far right white skin heads i would expect him to say the same about them... pc is over the top in this country.
    Economic Left/Right: -3.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

    Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

    If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called!
    Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

    That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Catalpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dublin West
    Posts
    10,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

    Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

    If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called!
    Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

    That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...
    I'm sorry that your confused Pidge but I suggest you read what Tony said and direct any criticism (or praise) towards him.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

    Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

    If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called!
    Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

    That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...
    I'm sorry that your confused Pidge but I suggest you read what Tony said and direct any criticism (or praise) towards him.
    You made up the headline, Catalpa, that's the point.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Catalpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dublin West
    Posts
    10,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    I think it would be a good tabloid headline. It might work if you were trying to rally a race riot

    Tony Blair said these things - not Catalpa!

    If Catalpa had said those comments that he made I know exactly what I would be called!
    Tony Blair said that "Tony Blair hits out at black youths"?

    That's even more confusing than your mid-sentence shift from third to first person...
    I'm sorry that your confused Pidge but I suggest you read what Tony said and direct any criticism (or praise) towards him.
    You made up the headline, Catalpa, that's the point.
    What do think I should have wrote instead?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •