Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Smyth and the US lawyer Ed Hayes

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sam Smyth and the US lawyer Ed Hayes

I'm an avid flicker through the various Sunday Morning Radio programmes, from Marion to Eamon, Karen and Sam. As someone with no interest in showbiz or celebrities and even less in sport, I often end up listening to Sam Smyth around 12:30, when he has the US lawyer on every week.

Is this Hayes guy the most boring regular guest on Irish radio, with nothing to contribute to any debate except inane details about his family or some tale about his criminal contacts (be it fact or fiction)?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did anyone hear hear the Hog O Shea,Kerry footballer, on with Sam Smyth. He was praising Cowen,the great man he was and what he was faced with,reminded him of those tough teak Offaly footballers. No mention at all of course of fact that Bozo was in a pivotal role during the critical years. Paudie was also fawning in his praise of CJH and how blessed he was to have him visit his pub. And of course Bertie also. Paudie is blessed in his friends,but should shtick to football.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    Is this Hayes guy the most boring regular guest on Irish radio, with nothing to contribute to any debate except inane details about his family or some tale about his criminal contacts (be it fact or fiction)?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I find Hayes quite funny, especially when he describes some of the criminal masterminds that he defends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    Did anyone hear hear the Hog O Shea,Kerry footballer, on with Sam Smyth. He was praising Cowen,the great man he was and what he was faced with,reminded him of those tough teak Offaly footballers. No mention at all of course of fact that Bozo was in a pivotal role during the critical years. Paudie was also fawning in his praise of CJH and how blessed he was to have him visit his pub. And of course Bertie also. Paudie is blessed in his friends,but should shtick to football.
    Paudie O'Shea should be awarded a Great Ars*lickers of Our Time Prize. CJH must have put money in the pub.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agree that Hayes often does not have anything of interest to the average Irish listener.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The last show (listened to it by podcast) had an interminable anecdote about Hayes' daughter, of absolutely no interest to anyone. Judging by his Wikipedia page, I'm sure he's a "character", but having him every edition of the show just kills it stone dead.

P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am very critical of many in the Irish media for not blowing the gaff on the insider elite before the said insider elite blew the country out of the water. Sam Smyth is typical of that type of inside the tent journalist. He had plenty of information that he should have shared with the ordinary person. But he didn't. He should have done better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shiel View Post
    I am very critical of many in the Irish media for not blowing the gaff on the insider elite before the said insider elite blew the country out of the water. Sam Smyth is typical of that type of inside the tent journalist. He had plenty of information that he should have shared with the ordinary person. But he didn't. He should have done better.
    Have you heard of the Defamation Act?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
    Have you heard of the Defamation Act?
    Do you think I am being unfair?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hayes can be funny sometimes. His story about walking into a Police station in NY and finding Jennifer Lopez handcuffed to a radiator was good. It was after that shooting involving Puff P Diddy in some nightclub, the cops just lifted everyone they saw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast