Default Re: Cllr Vincent P. Martin to run for the Green Party in Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Gombeen
    As always Jaundiced Ireland beats ya to the story
    Economic Left/Right: -2.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best of luck to him, but isn't this a bit late to start a campaign?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Cllr Vincent P. Martin to run for the Green Party in Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Clones Road Casual
    Quote Originally Posted by Gombeen
    As always Jaundiced Ireland beats ya to the story
    Yeah I saw that, but in fairness, they were just reporting rumours and grapevine info. And you can hardly depend on that, especially when you consider the lack of clarity here, with whole situation about the Green candidate in Sligo-North Leitrim

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Met him once at the 25th Anniversary celebrations for Maynooth Students Union. Nice bloke, a bit Blairish with the painted on smile but we won't hold that against him.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has he got a chance of being elected - possibly taking the Independent or Sinn Fein seats there?

Just wondering, as I don't know anything about the consituency and noticed his background as a town and county councillor.

Quote Originally Posted by biteback
    Has he got a chance of being elected - possibly taking the Independent or Sinn Fein seats there?

Just wondering, as I don't know anything about the consituency and noticed his background as a town and county councillor.
    Simple answer is no, he wont win a seat. Paudge will probably lose his seat but it will be to FF or FG.

SF will not be losing a seat in Monaghan, but if you'd like to put a wager on it, I have a small 3 bedroom house im willing to stake
    Economic Left/Right: -2.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He wont win the seat especially with it being in effect a four seater.
    Hoever a clever move by both him and the Greens. Has a record campaigning on the hospital issue and is also a Monaghan candidate. SO may well take votes from Connolly.
    At this stage there are also plenty of commuters living in Cavan and indeed Monaghan which could be fertile ground for the Greens.
    At the last election he polled almost 2000 votes and the Greens polled 1100.
    This time I'd expect him to poll around 5000 first preferences, providing him with an excellent base for the future.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tenderloins1
    He wont win the seat especially with it being in effect a four seater.
    Hoever a clever move by both him and the Greens. Has a record campaigning on the hospital issue and is also a Monaghan candidate. SO may well take votes from Connolly.
    At this stage there are also plenty of commuters living in Cavan and indeed Monaghan which could be fertile ground for the Greens.
    At the last election he polled almost 2000 votes and the Greens polled 1100.
    This time I'd expect him to poll around 5000 first preferences, providing him with an excellent base for the future.
    And extra dosh for us through public funding!
    Whats the ratio of votes to euros gained in public funding? A lot of it is decided by the number of TDs but there's also certain percentage decided by total number of votes. Does anyone know what the formula for that is?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM
    And extra dosh for us through public funding!
    Whats the ratio of votes to euros gained in public funding? A lot of it is decided by the number of TDs but there's also certain percentage decided by total number of votes. Does anyone know what the formula for that is?
    I've got to run, but it's probably in here somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast