Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deer stalking vs stag hunting

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Deer stalking vs stag hunting

Have I got this right?

The sport where you chase a deer and capture it is to be outlawed, but the sport where you chase a deer and shoot it dead, is not.

Am I missing something?

you're spot on there boss

more Green hyprocisy which will see the animal lose out in the end ( ? )

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We should ban deer altogether.
    Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.
    John Stuart Mill

Politics.ie Member b.a. baracus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redhead101 View Post
    Have I got this right?

The sport where you chase a deer and capture it is to be outlawed, but the sport where you chase a deer and shoot it dead, is not.

Am I missing something?
    I'd like to see you keep up with a deer on foot. Even Usain Bolt wouldn't have a hope. Shooting deer involves creeping up on them and then shooting them. It should not take more than one shot to despatch them and the deer should not know you are even there. It does not involve chasing them around.
    I ain't gettin' on no plane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redhead101 View Post
    Have I got this right?

Am I missing something?
    Well quick death is more humane than terrifying slow death, ban shooting and we must look at banning other meat production methods even if deer hunters primary reason for shooting deer is not for meat.

i think that the point redhead101 was making is that the staghunt do not kill the deer yet it is to be banned . . . . the aim of deer stalking is to kill the deer (in a quick and humane fashion) but it is to remain legal . . . .

i believe the ban on the ward union will have an effect on deer stalkers in relation to the number of dogs they use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofpiccadilly View Post
    i think that the point redhead101 was making is that the staghunt do not kill the deer yet it is to be banned . . . . the aim of deer stalking is to kill the deer (in a quick and humane fashion) but it is to remain legal . . . .

i believe the ban on the ward union will have an effect on deer stalkers in relation to the number of dogs they use?
    Yes I understand that, but when killing deer is humane it is surely better than terrifying them and showing cruelty and not being humane.

given a choice . . . . would you rather be treated "cruelly" or killed "humanely" ?

(personally i do not object to deer stalking or stag hunting)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofpiccadilly View Post
    given a choice . . . . would you rather be treated "cruelly" or killed "humanely" ?

(personally i do not object to deer stalking or stag hunting)
    Me, I would prefer to survive, but if I was a deer . Honestly if we are still a carniverous society then we must kill our prey (be they wild or timid) in a quick and humane fashion.

This argument would surely expand out into horse racing and other animal sports should the hunt be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by willoughby View Post
    Me, I would prefer to survive, but if I was a deer .

if you were a deer ? you would prefer to be killed ?
    sorry, i'm not getting you here . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast