Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Final stretch of Dublin-Cork motorway to open on Friday

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Final stretch of Dublin-Cork motorway to open on Friday

An Taoiseach Brian Cowen will open final stretch of the Dublin to Cork motorway this coming Friday at midday.

45 minutes will be cut off the average journey time between Dublin and Cork.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A welcome relief for langers trying to escape Dumpland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    An Taoiseach Brian Cowen will open final stretch of the Dublin to Cork motorway this coming Friday at midday.

45 minutes will be cut off the average journey time between Dublin and Cork.
    I thought he was supposed to be so focussed on fixing the economy he broke that he didn't have time for superfluous things like by-elections, let alone opening motorways?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Am I correct in saying there is nowhere on the road to stop for fuel, rest, food or WC facilities ? If that is so, here is again an example of non-joined up gombeen planning. Does anybody know for sure ? I am doing this journey in a few weeks not having been on that particular route for years. Usually go via Limerick with overnight stop.

Politics.ie Member thetruthsback's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry No Bloody Services

Oh, jesus, there's no where to stop for petrol, food and a leak. Only in Ireland

Politics.ie Member thetruthsback's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLining View Post
    Am I correct in saying there is nowhere on the road to stop for fuel, rest, food or WC facilities ? If that is so, here is again an example of non-joined up gombeen planning. Does anybody know for sure ? I am doing this journey in a few weeks not having been on that particular route for years. Usually go via Limerick with overnight stop.
    Yes you are correct

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthsback View Post
    Oh, jesus, there's no where to stop for petrol, food and a leak. Only in Ireland
    Why should we have to pay tolls for this nonsense ?

On top of that, choosing a non toll route, would probably involve major map reading and research. As some of these new roads leave no older alternative road network.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could you not turn off along the way and go into one of the towns, if you *really* need a stop during a journey less than three hours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLining View Post
    The reason is that the businesses in the towns wanted to make sure you had to go out of your way to spend your money with them. And the politicians went along with it. It is just the way things always go in this pathetic set-up. Love the country, hate the state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Motorways are one of the actual achievements of the last 13 years. I can do Galway from O'Connell Street in 2 hours. Stop *************************ing and have a leak before you leave, ors there are myriad turn offs along the route. Seriously, no matter what, do we never stop complaining.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast