Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M50 eFlow system not charging for foreign vehicles.

Ex Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default M50 eFlow system not charging for foreign vehicles.

I have been keeping any eye on the M50 eFlow system and it appears its not charging for foreign vehicles.

I have spoken to 8 people who have all driven therough the eFlow system over the past 2 months in a foreign registered vehicle and each and every one of them have never been charged or received a charge for the toll.

Each vehicle has been a UK registered car/lorry.

So it appears that the M50 toll is for Irish road users only, unless of course the people I know are very very lucky/special!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not really a surprise to you, surely?

The Irish authorities do not, yet, have access to an EU wide vehicle registration database.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

UK drivers can't dodge M50 tolls | UK news | The Observer

and

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055128300

It is your responsibility if you use the system to pay for it, and if not they will chase you up which will incur further costs for you in the end.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nietzy View Post
    This is TOTALLY new information to bring to the public arena
    i drove a uk car tru and had to pay. They sent me a bill in the uk.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I drive an irish reg car and regularly get parking tickets in the north. I just take them off the windscreen, tear them up and put them in the nearest bin as they are equally unenforceable

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    I drive an irish reg car and regularly get parking tickets in the north
    Maybe you could learn to park properly?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the gov missed an oportunity to get all to pay for road use, includeing foreigners when they brought in the carbon tax. It shouyld have been done in a manner that allowed the abolition of road tax and pure pay per use based on the levy on fuel, that way, everyone pays, everyone gets an opportunity to manage their consumption and we no longer have to pay the gaaurds and legal system for revenue collection duties and enforcement.

But oh, no, god forbid, the greens wet themselves at the idea of "carbon tax" and could think no further!!
    The true "front line workers" are the private sector paye employees who are first to take the bullet. Cannon fodder for their state and the public sector.

Quote Originally Posted by wexfordman View Post
    Well, the gov missed an oportunity to get all to pay for road use, includeing foreigners when they brought in the carbon tax. It shouyld have been done in a manner that allowed the abolition of road tax and pure pay per use based on the levy on fuel, that way, everyone pays, everyone gets an opportunity to manage their consumption and we no longer have to pay the gaaurds and legal system for revenue collection duties and enforcement.

But oh, no, god forbid, the greens wet themselves at the idea of "carbon tax" and could think no further!!
    What about foreigners who come in with a full tank of fuel and nip over the border if they need to fill up ? - What are the gaaurds going to do about them ? .

Politics.ie Member ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    I drive an irish reg car and regularly get parking tickets in the north. I just take them off the windscreen, tear them up and put them in the nearest bin as they are equally unenforceable
    I was under the impression that the PSNI can seize southern cars with outstanding fines in lieu of payment?
    Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ballot stuffer View Post
    I was under the impression that the PSNI can seize southern cars with outstanding fines in lieu of payment?
    No

http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=75580

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast