Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FF are doing to us again what the British did for 800 years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FF are doing to us again what the British did for 800 years

This was in the Irish Mail on Sunday on the 16th. They don't have an Irish web edition yet, but this site carries some articles.

GENERALLY, england's rule in Ireland is viewed as a time of force, immorality and suppression. Centuries of empire taught the British all the tricks of the trade when it came to controlling a nation. they skilfully employed divide-and-rule, denying us rights and education and pitting us against each other. they took land and homes away from families to give to landlords, treating us like the peasants they took us for while plundering our resources.

We were bludgeoned into submission physically, economically, culturally and spiritually. When the classes that counted threatened to revolt, there was a well-established British tradition for dealing with the troublesome Irish problem of its people wanting democracy and a republic.
    Sound familiar?

Mandatory reading for young FFers!

http://findarticles.com/p/news-artic...g=content;col1
    Last edited by Cincinnatus; 19th May 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: link

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A remarkably balanced and unbiased piece reporting just the facts - if only !

I am quite surprised an article by that women has made it to this chat forum. Shouldn't she be writing articles about women clothes or something.
    It is indeed hard for the strong to be just to the weak, but acting justly always has its rewards.

The_Big_Fellow

Didn't Liam Lynch say that the only thing that was changing in Ireland in the 20's was the whip hand. How right he was.

The sickening site of FF TD's using his anniversary as a junket still continues. FF are the new Cumann na Gaedhal.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A very good article in my opinion. Right on the button!
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoteFFno1 View Post
    I am quite surprised an article by that women has made it to this chat forum. Shouldn't she be writing articles about women clothes or something.
    Your sig makes me laugh, coming from a FF'er talk of acting justly is well laughable.

your misogyny not so much.

I find this line to be very true :

when we put the British out, we put their successors in. Men who were well trained by their imperial ringmaster. the rot began almost immediately

FF is packed with Castle Catholics and those who would have gleefully played the part of the Lords land agent, happily squeezing their fellow country men just as long as their own positions and that of their inner circle remained untouched, scum.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have the democracy we deserve. We voted for the current TDs in the dail.

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toughbutfair View Post
    We have the democracy we deserve. We voted for the current TDs in the dail.
    I actually don't believe we do have democracy in Ireland, and haven't for quite some time. FF have cobbled the last two governments together from a ragtag bag of Independents and "junior partners" buy effectively buying them off with beads and junkets.

The key weakness of democracy "Irish-style" is that gombeens like Jackie Healy-Rae, with a mandate from the vested interests of South Kerry, gets to decide on who forms the Government and all down to a secret deal he "done" with Bertie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrem View Post
    A remarkably balanced and unbiased piece reporting just the facts - if only !
    its an op-ed piece, opinion not reporting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Fellow View Post
    FF are the new Cumann na Gaedhal.
    If only.

The Free State government took a country devastated by war and created a functioning and peaceful state. Then DeValera was voted in and it all went to hell again.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast