Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Life of Sarah Fitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Life of Sarah Fitz

While Seán FitzPatrick was ruining the economy, his business partner daughter was living life to the full... | Mail Online

Long article in the Mail about the jetsetting lifestyle of Seanie Fitzpatrick's daughter, Sarah. Among all the concern over Facebook photos, there is this sailient nugget:

espite having no visible source of income, property records show how Sarah progressed from buying her own place (thanks to Anglo) to multimillion-euro property speculation with leading business figures (again thanks to Anglo).

Her first foray into property came in 2002 when she bought an apartment in Bray when she was just 17 – despite the fact that the legal age for buying and selling property is 18. The mortgage was provided by Anglo.
    So, what exactly is the legality of buying property at 17?

Note, Oceanclub had originally posted the above but changed his/her mind
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    I'm going to err on the side of the right to privacy and remove the link to the Mail article.

P.
    As people have already replied to the thread, I've decided to republish Oceanclub's original comments, under my name

Also here is one of teh pictures showing her living it up:

Party time: Sarah FitzPatrick at Mardi Gras in Rio in 2009
    cYp
    Last edited by cyberianpan; 16th May 2010 at 10:07 PM.
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Life of Sarah Fitz

I'm going to err on the side of the right to privacy and remove the link to the Mail article.

P.
    Last edited by oceanclub; 16th May 2010 at 08:25 PM.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what are you going to do about it?

Pull her hair the next time you see her in a Dublin nightclub?

Or are you going to go the whole hog, abduct her and hold her hostage before posting a beheading video on Youtube?

If not then shut up whinging about her you peasant.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTipperaryMan View Post

Or are you going to go the whole hog, abduct her and hold her hostage before posting a beheading video on Youtube?

I'm glad you think there should a law for the rich and a law for the poor, but fortunately I don't think this applies in a Republic.

As I said; in between all the Facebook nonsense, that is an important point.

And actually, my forefathers were dockers rather than peasants, I'll have you know.

P.

Good find.Thats an interesting article, looks like Anglo was the family nestegg.
    Do you think its illegal to buy a house at 17, do you think they could've finally broken the law( I won't hold my breath.)

I'm glad you think there should a law for the rich and a law for the poor, but fortunately I don't think this applies in a Republic.
    As I said; in between all the Facebook nonsense, that is an important point.

And actually, my forefathers were dockers rather than peasants, I'll have you know.

P.
    I think it very much applies in this Republic Ocean -( feeling a strange craving for a banana

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neutral_lurker View Post
    I think it very much applies in this Republic Ocean -( feeling a strange craving for a banana
    Ah well, it shouldn't, but as you point out, we still have a gombeen mentality that thinks we should tug our collective forelocks to our betters.

It's very ironic that these people think _I'm_ a peasant.

P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTipperaryMan View Post

either you are a troll or a nasty piece of reactionary right wing work.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure about bringing the family into all of this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, what exactly is the legality of buying property at 17?

P.
    It's not legal. If it's true then the regulator should get involved. The contract would be void as she wouldn't have capacity to consent. It should be noted that it would be the bank and specifically whoever allowed a 17 year old enter a contract who would be at fault as opposed to the child.

Given that there's no source for that piece other than the Mail, and given that the Mail's second page today is a detailed apology for their lies last week about Brian Lenihan, I would suggest it would be very foolish to rely on anything the paper says.

This is a paper that decides to run a story with 10 pictures of a 25 year old girl, where the only bit that could actually qualify as news is 3 sentences of unsourced accusation and the rest of which details how she likes U2. I'll bet you money right now her name isn't on the contract and that he father bought it for her. It's a pretty disgraceful invasion of privacy.
    Last edited by Sync; 16th May 2010 at 02:27 PM.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast