Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Albert Einstein on the Jewish Future

Default Albert Einstein on the Jewish Future

1946, Albert Einstein to Rabbi Wise, "I am firmly convinced that a rigid demand for a 'Jewish State' will have undesirable results for us".

From "Einstein A Life", by Dennis Brian.

Einstein had deep concerns about any one group dominating Palestine. He obviously was a very humane type of man and reading his views on Zionism and the politics of the time is very enlightening indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    1946, Albert Einstein to Rabbi Wise, "I am firmly convinced that a rigid demand for a 'Jewish State' will have undesirable results for us".

Einstein had deep concerns about any one group dominating Palestine. He obviously was a very humane type of man and reading his views on Zionism and the politics of the time is very enlightening indeed.
    A link would help
    Just because you did something stupid yesterday does not mean you cannot do something smart today!

Quote Originally Posted by bactrian View Post
    A link would help
    Maybe I could scan the whole book.

Will Page 349 suffice............ when I get the time?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm here Einstein is speaking outside of his area of expertise (physics). In fact his statement appears to have no factual content at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean O'Brian View Post
    Hmm here Einstein is speaking outside of his area of expertise (physics). In fact his statement appears to have no factual content at all.
    Are you serious? Surely not.

Einstein was very well informed about the plight of his people and often used by the Zionists whenever they could get away with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post

Sean O'Brian is right. Albert Einstein had no authority to on the issue of a Jewish state. How does the existence of Israel create undesirable results for the Jews?
    Economic Left/Right: -0.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.77

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

" The Zionist cause is very close to my heart…. I am very confident of the happy development of the Jewish colony and am glad that there should be a tiny speck on this earth in which the members of our tribe should not be aliens…. One can be internationally minded, without renouncing interest in one's tribal comrades."

Einstein,
    October 1919.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Albert Einstein on the Jewish Future

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan

You need to see a doctor.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He wasnt wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by stewiegriffin View Post
    He wasnt wrong .
    Einstein was well aware of all the machinations and workings of the Zionist movement.
    Of course he wanted a Jewish homeland but was cognitive of the repercussions if it was done by force.

Any fool could see what would transpire... and unfortunately, it has with tragic consequences for the whole region..

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast