Follow @PoliticsIE

View Poll Results: Do you think Greece is still likely to default?

Voters
57. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes

42 73.68%
  • No

15 26.32%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Still think Greece will default?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Still think Greece will default?

So, the €500bn fund has been announced.

World governments voice support for EU moves - MarketWatch

Those who predicted a Greek default, do you stand by that stance?

On the other side were those of us who knew that sooner or later, notwithstanding the racist grandstanding of Merkel, the EU powers would band together sooner or later to prevent the wolf packs from devouring the Euro.

I'll admit that I was surprised that Merkel dithered for so long, I underestimated how much money the German government was prepared to waste in order to satisfy their disdain for olive-skinned people. But even die-hard racists have a survival instinct, and they buckled after wasting about €70bn through pointless dithering in a failed attempt to win a regional election. Boldly done, Angela!

This should be a thread to examine the predictions of those who swore Greece would be defaulting. When I get a prediction wrong, I never hear the end of it, so it's time for payback.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I didn't think they'd default, but your baseless condemnation of Merkel as a racist is pretty pathetic.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I didn't think they'd default, but your baseless condemnation of Merkel as a racist is pretty pathetic.
    +1 He has zero credibility.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greece will still default. If this thing goes to plan their debt to GDP will be over 150%.

It's just delaying the inevitable

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First up, it's Oreo Livermore

http://www.politics.ie/economy/12931...ml#post2659566

He says that
    "he said it was important to show solidarity and protect the long-term future of the euro."

Of course he seems oblivious to the fact that the euro immediately sank like a stone.

Then again nobody has whispered in his ear that the 10 year rate on Irish bonds jumped to 6%.

Hey Dick, 6% is higher than 5%, can you figure that out.

Who needs FF when we have idiots like this to take over.

The important thing is though that even if Greece was paying 8% it would not matter. The fact is these loans will never be repaid.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER. End of story.

Everyone with half a brain knows this.
    Nicely done, Oreo.

What do the people with half a brain say now?
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grafter1 View Post
    Greece will still default. If this thing goes to plan their debt to GDP will be over 150%.

It's just delaying the inevitable
    Really?

Greece technically defaulted. This is the second wave of the collapse. The banking system technically collapsed in September 2008. Insane bailouts then have intensified the depression and now we have moved on to entire nations going bankrupt.

Now the IMF are taking control of the destruction.

Are there any clues yet to the austerity measures?
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Quote Originally Posted by feargach View Post

What do the people with half a brain say now?
    That this as well as all the other bail outs are great ideas.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by feargach View Post
    Really?
    Yes that's my opinion and i haven't seen anything or heard anything to make me think otherwise

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    Greece technically defaulted. This is the second wave of the collapse. The banking system technically collapsed in September 2008. Insane bailouts then have intensified the depression and now we have moved on to entire nations going bankrupt.

Now the IMF are taking control of the destruction.

Are there any clues yet to the austerity measures?
    Yeah, and I'm technically the Emperor of Russia, using the same definition of "technically", which in this case translates as "not".

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast