Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I criticize Israel and not be an anti-semite?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Can I criticize Israel and not be an anti-semite?

Is criticizing Israel anti-Semitic? - The Week

Why am I labeled as an anti-semite when I criticize Israel or Israelis.?
    "Never in the field of human endeavour was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I criticise Palestinians and Israelis in the same sentence, the criticism of Israel gets overlooked and I get called a child murdering yid etc.

In a rational world you can criticise Israel for its failings and its treatment of the Palestinian people. However if you criticise Israel's defence forces without recognising the problems, it might warrant further discussion.

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultor View Post

It's a cheap trick alright, and has the added result of banalising real claims of anti-jewish behaviour.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I criticize Israel and not be an anti-semite?

Yes.
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultor View Post

Because it's always easier to denigrate your opponent than argue the point with them. It's the same here. People who disagree on Irish issues are immediately called members of "Zanu-FF", people who disagree on the North are either "shinners" or "West brits". Happens to everyone all the time.

That's one of the laziest articles I've ever seen btw. Basically cutting and pasting 5 exampes of other people's work and trying to pass it off as their own opinion.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In answer to the question let's look at it another way. Anyone putting the case for the headhackers cannot be doing it out of any sense of fair play so the motive must be more base. Anti-semitic would seem to be the answer.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know the answer or you would not ask the question.

I have no idea why muslims disliken USA (sarcasm).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermanpolitician View Post
    However if you criticise Israel's defence forces without recognising the problems, it might warrant further discussion.
    The IOF is the problem. No further discussion required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a cheap trick alright, and has the added result of banalising real claims of anti-jewish behaviour.
    I agree.

The Zionist zealots have done a great disservice to the Jewish people by making the term anti-semite almost meaningless, since it is thrown at everyone who doesn't think Avigdor Liebermann is the next Nelson Mandela. Because of this, it is likely that manifestations of genuine anti-semitism (which does still exist, though thankfully not nearly as much as the anti-semite industry types would have you beleive) will be ignored in the future. It's a case of the zionist who cried wolf (or should that be ' cried anti-semite')?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    Anyone putting the case for the headhackers cannot be doing it out of any sense of fair play so the motive must be more base. Anti-semitic would seem to be the answer.
    Palestinians are not headhackers. Have you seen the photos of the children whose heads have been blown off by the Israelis? You don't deserve to have a head you are abusing yours so badly.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast