Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Measuring Islamophobia: Our Worst Fears Confirmed

  1. #1
    Associated with MPAC.ie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antiphon's PC
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Measuring Islamophobia: Our Worst Fears Confirmed

    Just seen this on the MPAC.ie website.
    MPAC.ie has long bemoaned the inadequate apparatus for reporting Islamophobia, discrimination and hate crimes against Muslims in Ireland. Indeed our critics have gleefully derided our lack of statistical evidence as evidence that such crimes are merely a figment of our imagination. However a new report issued in the Limerick Student Journal of Sociology now confirms what we have known all along: Islamophobia is real, a growing threat and shows all the signs of institutional racism.
    The study provides statistical information and seems fairly conclusive.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member autiemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    west dublin
    Posts
    617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EireMuzzie View Post
    Just seen this on the MPAC.ie website.


    The study provides statistical information and seems fairly conclusive.
    do you have any examples of hate crimes? im not sure its as widespread as you claim it to be. I certainly have never read/heard of any What constitutes a hate crime? Are you sure its not just the fact that muslims want to be respected and accomodated in a society they have no wish to be a part of?
    I have no hatred for how anybody wishes to live their life, but i find many aspects of muslim religion/customs to be antiquated and deeply misogynistic.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,468
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I thought a phobia was an irrational fear ?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autiemom View Post
    I have no hatred for how anybody wishes to live their life, but i find many aspects of muslim religion/customs to be antiquated and deeply misogynistic.
    Well said. A lot of these belief systems are non adaptable to western democracy. This is no the problem of the natives. It is up to those who
    enter into western society to adapt to the new environment.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bandit Country
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I hate all minorities everywhere and at all times.
    If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.

    Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Why are Muslims disliked?


  7. #7
    Associated with MPAC.ie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antiphon's PC
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autiemom View Post
    do you have any examples of hate crimes? im not sure its as widespread as you claim it to be. I certainly have never read/heard of any What constitutes a hate crime? Are you sure its not just the fact that muslims want to be respected and accomodated in a society they have no wish to be a part of?
    I have no hatred for how anybody wishes to live their life, but i find many aspects of muslim religion/customs to be antiquated and deeply misogynistic.
    Did you read the report before commenting? One of the issues is that there is no mechanism for reporting such crimes. If there were no such mechanism for reporting inequalities toward women would you determine from that there was no such thing as female inequality?

    I'm sure Muslims want to be respected for being Muslim as much as a woman might want to be respected for being a woman etc?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member The OD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Axis Mundi
    Posts
    11,104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Well I think coming from you, eiremuzzie, this is very relevant seeing you seem to be determined to increase the 'incidences' of Islamophobia in this country.

    You probably wont be happy until white Christians are attacking defenceless Islamic women in the streets because secretly, for all the crap you post, you are little more than a sad figure who turned to Religion for whatever psychological damage you experienced. You show all the hallmarks of someone who never fitted in with their peers and now you have a chance to link up with a 'gang' and you'll 'show us all', all those bullies who laughed at you.

    Predictable, boring, disturbed and slightly dangerous (to yourself more than anyone I would imagine) would be my summation of you. Personally, I hope you never get attacked for your religion, but you would love it, wouldnt you? Play the martyr, eh?

    Grow up you fool, you're as transparent as a pane of glass, if I had a cent for every weed who thought they would find acceptance amongst nutters then I'd probably be as rich as the people who direct poor Muslims to die to prop up the power base of the same rich people who dont observe Islamic law like muppets like you do.

    Boo hoo....poor eiremuzzie, no one loves him. Who knows, maybe someone will offload their less than glamourous daughter onto you, then you can slap her and call it your culture.

    Sad b@stard.
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member autiemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    west dublin
    Posts
    617
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eire_sai View Post
    Well said. A lot of these belief systems are non adaptable to western democracy. This is no the problem of the natives. It is up to those who
    enter into western society to adapt to the new environment.
    Agreed absolutely, im sure if i went to a muslim country and "sashayed" down the main st. in a sarong, flip flops and a teeshirt(which i would consider climate appropriate and not at all provocative) they would respect my wish to be a practicing westerner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When in rome and all that.

  10. #10
    Associated with MPAC.ie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antiphon's PC
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post
    Well I think coming from you, eiremuzzie, this is very relevant seeing you seem to be determined to increase the 'incidences' of Islamophobia in this country.

    You probably wont be happy until white Christians are attacking defenceless Islamic women in the streets because secretly, for all the crap you post, you are little more than a sad figure who turned to Religion for whatever psychological damage you experienced. You show all the hallmarks of someone who never fitted in with their peers and now you have a chance to link up with a 'gang' and you'll 'show us all', all those bullies who laughed at you.

    Predictable, boring, disturbed and slightly dangerous (to yourself more than anyone I would imagine) would be my summation of you. Personally, I hope you never get attacked for your religion, but you would love it, wouldnt you? Play the martyr, eh?

    Grow up you fool, you're as transparent as a pane of glass, if I had a cent for every weed who thought they would find acceptance amongst nutters then I'd probably be as rich as the people who direct poor Muslims to die to prop up the power base of the same rich people who dont observe Islamic law like muppets like you do.

    Boo hoo....poor eiremuzzie, no one loves him. Who knows, maybe someone will offload their less than glamourous daughter onto you, then you can slap her and call it your culture.

    Sad b@stard.
    Now, now OD, don't get personal ...restrain yourself. I didn't write the report, it comes from the Department of Sociology in Limerick and dissing me doesn't change that.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •