Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to be Taoiseach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I want to be Taoiseach

Having examined the who, what and why of our present circumstances I have come to this realisation. I want to become Taoiseach. There is a difficulty, however.

To become Taoiseach is not as easy as it is to become the President of the United States. This requires a supreme effort, obviously. But it is an effort dependent on you and yours. It can be an effort of relatively short duration and is informed by a knowledge of electoral strategy not necessarily the graft of service to the party machine or putting in the apprenticeship hours. Look at young Barack.

As such, having decide I want to be Taoiseach without having to spend 35 years in the Dail, I'd like your advice on the quickest, most economical way of ENSURING I become Taoiseach.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    Having examined the who, what and why of our present circumstances I have come to this realisation. I want to become Taoiseach. There is a difficulty, however.

To become Taoiseach is not as easy as it is to become the President of the United States. This requires a supreme effort, obviously. But it is an effort dependent on you and yours. It can be an effort of relatively short duration and is informed by a knowledge of electoral strategy not necessarily the graft of service to the party machine or putting in the apprenticeship hours. Look at young Barack.

As such, having decide I want to be Taoiseach without having to spend 35 years in the Dail, I'd like your advice on the quickest, most economical way of ENSURING I become Taoiseach.
    You should write to RTE and request a two way debate with FutureTaoiseach.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: I want to be Taoiseach

Quote Originally Posted by Northsideman

You should write to RTE and request a two way debate with FutureTaoiseach.
    My straightness immediately offers me an advantage over his gayness so I'm ahead already. This is getting easier by the step.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member Northsideman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My straightness immediately offers me an advantage over his gayness so I'm ahead already. This is getting easier by the step.
    You might be able to provide useful advice for a possible presidential debate!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

Storm the Dail, fire a few shots into the cieling and tell them you are taking over. If the Ceann Comhairle says that your actions are not in the order of business get Paul Gogarty to tell him to Feck Off. Send some of your pals to the Television and radio stations to tell them who you are and what you are about, appoint Joe Duffy as your Minister for Propoganda. Promise the guards and the army you'll reverse the pay cuts and you'll have them eating out of your hand, put PJ Stone in charge of both. Seal the airports, this can be done with one call to Michael O Leary, and promise that you'll hand him the County's Only Air Fleet License. He can shoot any DAA exec on site.

Tell the EU to Feck Off, or better again get your new Minister for Austerity to tell them. Let Eddie Hobbs and David McWilliams fight to the death for the privelage of this role. My money would be on Hobbs as the Cork Lads don't fight fair.

If you can, have an All Ireland Medal to your name or got past a few episodes of the All Ireland Talent contest before you make your move, and your halfway there.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: I want to be Taoiseach

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac O Conachur
    Storm the Dail, fire a few shots into the cieling and tell them you are taking over. If the Ceann Comhairle says that your actions are not in the order of business get Paul Gogarty to tell him to Feck Off. Send some of your pals to the Television and radio stations to tell them who you are and what you are about, appoint Joe Duffy as your Minister for Propoganda. Promise the guards and the army you'll reverse the pay cuts and you'll have them eating out of your hand, put PJ Stone in charge of both. Seal the airports, this can be done with one call to Michael O Leary, and promise that you'll hand him the County's Only Air Fleet License. He can shoot any DAA exec on site.

Tell the EU to Feck Off, or better again get your new Minister for Austerity to tell them. Let Eddie Hobbs and David McWilliams fight to the death for the privelage of this role. My money would be on Hobbs as the Cork Lads don't fight fair.

If you can, have an All Ireland Medal to your name or got past a few episodes of the All Ireland Talent contest before you make your move, and your halfway there.

You've mentioned my entire fantasy front bench!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shouldn't this have been posted in the humour section? Or have you forgotten to take your prozac again?
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You've mentioned my entire fantasy front bench!
    Why waste the bullets in the ceiling?

Politics.ie Member Oreo Livermore's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am with you LeDroit.

Just carry a big picture of Enda Kenny and you are ahead of the game from the start.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac O Conachur View Post

We've all witnessed worse plans executed. And no-ones complaing.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast