Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barry Egan's column on the back of the Sunday Indo.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Barry Egan's column on the back of the Sunday Indo.

Could someone read the first paragraph of this Barry Egan column and tell me what on earth it means, because I'm rather confused.

Gayle gives Sean a stake in our bright future - Lifestyle, Frontpage - Independent.ie

I find the last two lines of the paragraph particularly confusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It means Barry Egan is a fawning simpleton not worthy of the steam off one's urinary excretions.
    “Words are animals, alive with a will of their own”.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roc_ View Post
    It means Barry Egan is a fawning simpleton not worthy of the steam off one's urinary eliminations.
    +1. I'm so glad I never buy this sh1terag or any of it's stablemates if that's what passes for "journalism".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I should have said 'sycophant', too. As in a tried and trusted old game for many such simpletons in this country. Hopefully, the fallout from the economic troubles will put paid to it. I live in hope.
    “Words are animals, alive with a will of their own”.

What's that about an OBE for Michael Colgan ? - I thought he was Irish...

Rosanna Davidson a symbol of economic recovery ? - Yeah right....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMax View Post
    Could someone read the first paragraph of this Barry Egan column and tell me what on earth it means, because I'm rather confused.

Gayle gives Sean a stake in our bright future - Lifestyle, Frontpage - Independent.ie

This is the sort of fawning media sh1t that has this country where it is. Dunner allowed Gayle ( formerly Sindo hackess) to pick the final bid for Ballsbridge. It was 275 million ( near bid was 220 ml) She picked it 275, because he said, 75 was her birthday. Would you not think they would have some shame in them now. But not at all. Next thing we'll see Seanie, Fingers, etc being reported on dining in their favourite restaurant/ watering hole, telling yarns and anecdotes.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the same newspaper did you read aengus fanning interview with roseanna davidson. What a load of crap? They are just regurgitating the same **************************************** for weeks on end. You will notice that most of the people mentioned in the social columns of this rag are heading for n.a.m.a. Why dont they get a picture of all these entrepreneurs and put them on the front page. That would be sure to sell a few copies. This country is surely up the swanee.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceMax View Post

It is a newspaper (with the exception of Gene Kerrigan) for the confused and bewildered.

What confuses me is how anyone would pay money to buy it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris Celtica View Post
    What's that about an OBE for Michael Colgan ? - I thought he was Irish...

Rosanna Davidson a symbol of economic recovery ? - Yeah right....
    Oh. I stopped reading after the first paragraph. I see that now. I wonder how the markets will respond to this. Will we see the cost of borrowing plummet?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AS was pointed out by another well know producer on LLS some weeks ago,the Empire no longer exists,therefore whats the point?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast