Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dublin Bus Real time info at last

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dublin Bus Real time info at last

My sister was telling me yesterday that she had heard that dublin was finally going to introduce real time info at bus stops (like on the Luas Dart and every other western european city)

I just checked online and found this info from the IT last line

About Bloody time
    "We know what to do, we just dont know how to get elected afterwards" Jean-Claude Juncker on how to fix the European economy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

About Bloody time
    Indeed. And who knowns when it's going to be actually implemented? Dublin public transport is so far behind other Western (and even many non-Western) cities it's not funny at all. It's always made me angry that, in one of the wettest countries in Europe, so few bus stops are covered to provide shelter.

Any chance of integrated ticketing? Now I really am asking for the sun, moon and stars!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They say by the end of the year
    Thats what they say
    "We know what to do, we just dont know how to get elected afterwards" Jean-Claude Juncker on how to fix the European economy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK some time around 2020 then? At an optimistic guess?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dublin Bus indicating an expected arrival time?

Would that be when it's due at the bus stop, or when it's due at some other place inbetween?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Thats what they say
    which year though?
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how's the expected arrival time calculated? are the buses now fitted with trackers?

birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Interista View Post
    Indeed. And who knowns when it's going to be actually implemented? Dublin public transport is so far behind other Western (and even many non-Western) cities it's not funny at all. It's always made me angry that, in one of the wettest countries in Europe, so few bus stops are covered to provide shelter.

Any chance of integrated ticketing? Now I really am asking for the sun, moon and stars!
    Integrated ticketing. Why the haste? They have been working on this for only 12 years. Rome was not built in a day.

Much more clever lawyer types have been working (creaming it) on the Moriarty Tribunal for even longer.
    Why the rush?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that full quote should read "Rome wasn't built in a day. True, it was a government job."
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny thing is, by the time time this is in place it will be obsolete (it is already). Many operators like the CTA have jumped straight to a text/smart phone option where you either check on a map on your smart phone or you text a number with the code of the bus stop you are at. Arguably RTI is a lot more important in places like Chicago where it can get super cold in the winter (-20 or more) so standing at a bus stop just isnt an option.
    It works really well and is one of the most used text numbers in the Chicago area and most downloaded app for phones.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast