Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: FAS paying for British Army recruitment in Ireland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FAS paying for British Army recruitment in Ireland

This letter was sent out by the Moyross Jobs Club in Limerick to people registered with it. This jobs club is funded by FAS.

The letter is an advertisement for positions vacant in a British Army regiment, the Royal Irish Rangers who currently preparing to head off to another tour in afghanistan where they have already suffered many deaths & serious injuries.

When people registered as unemployed with the jobs club receive such a letter they are obliged to call in and inquire about the job in question. Otherwise they risk being cut off by the jobs club which has potential implications for their dole payments.

Is the FAS answer to rising unemployment to ship young people off to fight in Britain's latest war?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the FAS answer to rising unemployment to ship young people off to fight in Britain's latest war?

YES!, and people say we live in a Republic.

The safety valve of emmigration.

Fvcking disgusting
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From a government that claims to be neutral but allows the US military to use Shannon.

Im equally disgusted but not at all surprised by this treasonous act.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a good thing, as the construction industry will never reach its old heights, and the type of people who worked in it are perfect fits for "other ranks" in the army.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default If true then this is intolerable

I'll check it out with a phonecall. I will be amazed (and angry) if it turns out to be true.
    My Avatar is the FF logo INVERTED symbolising contempt for the FF Party and its members.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    This is a good thing, as the construction industry will never reach its old heights, and the type of people who worked in it are perfect fits for "other ranks" in the army.

cYp
    What 'type' of people are these cYp?

the lower classes i presume? careful now you don't want to fall of your perch whilst you look down your nose at others.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a major scandal if it turns out to be true. It is sickening that an arm of our state would be acting as a recruiter for the British Army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post
    I'll check it out with a phonecall. I will be amazed (and angry) if it turns out to be true.
    I can assure you that the letter is genuine

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im equally disgusted but not at all surprised by this treasonous act.
    It's treason to recruit young Irishmen and women to fight against Islamic extremist scum in Afghanistan?

Of course it was treason to join the British Army and fight against Hitler too wasn't it?

Typical deranged republicans - historically you people supported Napoleon, the Kaiser, Hitler and Stalin and today you are on the side of Islamic extremists.

Is there any tyrant or bunch of fanatics that Irish republicans will not support?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Incredible... I know small numbers do join the British Army (and they are free to do so), but for an arm of the state to actively encourage young people to join the army of a foreign state is simply incredible! Frankly unfu&*believable!!

SC

Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast