Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MGQ and her pensions: Arrogance Personified

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MGQ and her pensions: Arrogance Personified

RTE News At One reporter asks MGQ a question about her ministerial pension, she dismisses the question and then refuses to do an agreed interview.

She gets a TD's pension, a Ministerial pension, (presumably) a pension from the Court of Auditors and a Commissioner's salary.

Meanwhile the rest of us sods will have to work until 68 to get a pittance, if even that. Roll on a revolution!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Depends on what the scheduled interviw was about. If it was a general chat, then it seems churlish to walk away. If it was for a specific purpose "I will give you an interview to speak about auditing" then you stick to the topic. As a great man once said "I'm not gonna play gotcha."

And for God's sake, if you're under 30 writing the above, don't whine about what you're going to earn when you're 68. Improve your skillset and employment opportunities so you can take care of yourself instead of looking to tomorrow's generation to do it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She is one of hundreds, neary ,molloy , mccreevey, ahern, robinson. We need a complete wipeout of all these pensions, they never earned them for the small lenght of service most of them gave. We need french style action, this country is on the cusp.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    She is one of hundreds, neary ,molloy , mccreevey, ahern, robinson. We need a complete wipeout of all these pensions, they never earned them for the small lenght of service most of them gave. We need french style action, this country is on the cusp.
    ALL State pensions should be capped at a maximum of EUR 50,000. No ifs, no buts.

ALL State salaries should be capped at a maximum of EUR 100,000 until our fiscal situation improves dramatically.
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its the rape of the private sector by the state...
    the pensions, the quangoes, the overstaffing, the job guarantees, the bailouts, the nanny state, the six figure salaries, the whole frankenstein monster that is it - all are financed by the private sector

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    And for God's sake, if you're under 30 writing the above, don't whine about what you're going to earn when you're 68. Improve your skillset and employment opportunities so you can take care of yourself instead of looking to tomorrow's generation to do it for you.
    I'd have been much better if I had joined FF/PD/Greens years ago, if I had licked enough ar$eholes I'd have a well paid pensionable job in some Quango by now.

But I could never stand the lack of ethics they demonstrate.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Mac View Post
    She is a Fianna Fail'er

What do you expect?

They have nothing but contempt for this State and her taxpayers.

FF are the cancer within.

MGQ a cluster of cancer cells
    Like Albert Reynolds said when asked about the cost of his State car..

"I am worth more to them than that"

Not sure if the "them" is the Irish people or FF. Probably FF.
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post

We need the incoming Coalition to start saying they will sort out these luxurious payments/pensions once and for all, it would be a real vote-grabber.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Depends on what the scheduled interviw was about. If it was a general chat, then it seems churlish to walk away. If it was for a specific purpose "I will give you an interview to speak about auditing" then you stick to the topic. As a great man once said "I'm not gonna play gotcha."

Was there ever a time in your life where you didn't defend and stick up for power/authority at every corner?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This abuse of the public purse must not be allowed to continue and the rules should be changed to ensure that no politician from the President on down can receive any pension funded by the taxpayer until they reach the designated State pension age like the rest of us.

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast