Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Opposition views on Stag Hunting

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Opposition views on Stag Hunting

I didn't actually realise that FG had caved in to the West Brits and RISE lunatics, and will repeal any laws allowing domestic animals to be released into the wild and hunted through housing estates and schools.

Fine Gael promises to defend stag hunting: ThePost.ie

Nor did I realise that Labour are fudging the issue.

Proposed stag hunting legislation defended - The Irish Times - Wed, Feb 24, 2010

So much for a 'progressive' alternative to the current Government.

What other nuggets of populism are they storing up for us?
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

West Brit? That is becoming the P.ie equivalent of Godwin's law. We also plan to allow hunting of crusties and men who have never developed a pair of balls!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting a bit desperate Goosebump eh?

believe it or not - outside the West-Brit Green zone of South Dublin and other enclaves - the whole green agenda on Rural Ireland is viewed with deep suspicion and increasing anger and the stag hunt is just seen as the thin end of the wedge - around my area nearly 1 in 2 people are employed in the equine industry both directly and indirectly and the Greens are hated - and seen as a massive threat both to the prosperity and the rural way of life.

If anything Fine Gael is just representing the true feelings of their constituents.

Also in the 2007 General Election - the Fianna Failers went around to nearly every Farmhouse in the country saying "Vote Fine Gael - get the Greens" - something that cost us nearly 10 seats in my belief.We wont be giving them that chance again

Thats the problem with small ideological parties Goosebump - you have no idea that the majority view in your own little world is far from representative of what the population believes in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    Getting a bit desperate Goosebump eh?

believe it or not - outside the West-Brit Green zone of South Dublin and other enclaves - the whole green agenda on Rural Ireland is viewed with deep suspicion and increasing anger and the stag hunt is just seen as the thin end of the wedge - around my area nearly 1 in 2 people are employed in the equine industry both directly and indirectly and the Greens are hated - and seen as a massive threat both to the prosperity and the rural way of life.

If anything Fine Gael is just representing the true feelings of their constituents.

Also in the 2007 General Election - the Fianna Failers went around to nearly every Farmhouse in the country saying "Vote Fine Gael - get the Greens" - something that cost us nearly 10 seats in my belief.We wont be giving them that chance again

Thats the problem with small ideological parties Goosebump - you have no idea that the majority view in your own little world is far from representative of what the population believes in general.
    Green Party ideological? So saying it is ok for a politician who has been caught trying to quash a criminal conviction to hold a seat is ideological?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did the Irish not hunt before the British arrived? Or were we buying our meat in Dunnes?

Trying to attach the Brit label to hunting is the worst kind of rabble rousing. It works the other way too by the way. When Greenies want to cut down on one-off housing they get the West Brit treatment.

It's the last refuge of those who can't debate an issue on its merits.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermanpolitician View Post
    Green Party ideological? So saying it is ok for a politician who has been caught trying to quash a criminal conviction to hold a seat is ideological?
    With the greens, I think the word is ideo -illogical.

Mind you, there isn't much stag-hunting in D4 these days.
    (Surprised Labour is against the ban, though!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What merit is there to be found in racing around the country side after animals?
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How come the greens are against Stag Hunting but support Stagg Baiting?

"With all due respect, in the most unparliamentary language, f--k you, Deputy Stagg, f--k you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    What merit is there to be found in racing around the country side after animals?

It is a rural tradition.
    It encourages the preservation of the animals and controls their numbers.
    Without it they would be considered vermin by farmers and poisoned.
    Without it the dogs would be put down as they are not needed as pets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consultant View Post
    With the greens, I think the word is ideo -illogical.

Mind you, there isn't much stag-hunting in D4 these days.
    (Surprised Labour is against the ban, though!!!)
    Actually I used to live in D4. The vast majority of folks there have no particular view on stag hunting or any other pursuits. I know D4 is sometimes used as an adjective to describe people frmo Gormley who are disconnected from rural Ireland,but the vast majority of the folks there are very nice and decent. Less than 1 in 7 gave Gormley a 1st pref.

Don't tar D4!

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast