Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Abuse of Our Immigration system

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Open Abuse of Our Immigration system

Looking around the Migrants website www.imigration.ie, and I couldnt beleive there are NON EU Nationals talking about how to find loopholes in the system to live and work here!

Have a look

Yeah!!! I found a job in Dublin! Two actually. Unfortunately for most not EU members, getting a job in Ireland is very very difficult (as with most countries, Ireland wants the jobs to be available to EU members first), but I found a loophole! School! I am going to be training to be a Chartered Accountant in Ireland, and since I am a student, I will be granted a work permit. When I was in Dublin for Christmas, I interviewed with a few firms and I have had numerous job offers. I have narrowed it down to two firms, and now I have a big decision to maKe.

So I'll be moving there in May!! Yeah!!!

http://www.immigrant.ie/showthread.php?t=45

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Open Abuse of Our Immigration system

Explain again how there are 1 million non-nationals in Ireland. I just can't figure it out.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heres another one!

torpedo
    Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2006

Becoming a student

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there some list of schools that are accepted by the immigration office?

Basicly I’m looking for the cheapest option and the one where I have to spend the least amount of time in the classroom

Why would a student want spend the least amount of time in the classroom?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There all at it!

#2 13-12-2005, 02:22 PM
    dublindude
    Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's going to be extremely difficult for you to get a work permit for Ireland.

Why would the Irish government let you work here when there are millions of Europeans who _don't_ need a work permit wanting to work here?

I know, it's harsh.

You'd have a much better chance of getting a job if you were already in Ireland.

Is it possible to come here as a student? You can legally work 20 hours a week when you're a student here (and of course, you can work another 20 illegally if you want...) This is what most of the Chinese people do to get a job in Ireland...

dublindude
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to dublindude
    Find all posts by dublindude

#3 24-10-2006, 05:47 PM
    oniss19
    Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2006

Leave and work in Ireland

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dublindude
    It's going to be extremely difficult for you to get a work permit for Ireland.

Why would the Irish government let you work here when there are millions of Europeans who _don't_ need a work permit wanting to work here?

I know, it's harsh.

You'd have a much better chance of getting a job if you were already in Ireland.

Is it possible to come here as a student? You can legally work 20 hours a week when you're a student here (and of course, you can work another 20 illegally if you want...) This is what most of the Chinese people do to get a job in Ireland...

I am new to this forum but I have digested a lot of information posted by you.Thanks for that.
    Now to work in Ireland I need to already be in Ireland while i search and you pointed out that the easiest method for me is to get to Ireland as a student. I am a young Nigerian of 31 with a university degree in Electrical engineering. I am currently running a masters degree in Electronics also in Nigeria. Hoping to pursue my career in Ireland from year 2007!
    what step do I take to get an addmission to a school in Ireland? preferably in Dublin because my search shows that I cold have a lot of potential employers there.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gnash1970
    Explain again how there are 1 million non-nationals in Ireland. I just can't figure it out.
    Well official figures state nearly half a million.

Add to that all the Migrants since, and all the illegal asylum workers and then the Romanians and Bulgarians pluss everyone since the census, we are at nearly 1 million.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fionap
    Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2006

Help!

Hi there,

Can anyone help me? I have a friend who is an illegal immigrant in Belfast...does anyone know what is the best thing for him to do to change his immigration status? He is originally from Nigeria.

Thanks for your help!

Fionap

fionap
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to fionap
    Send email to fionap
    Find all posts by fionap

#2 05-10-2006, 12:21 PM
    dublindude
    Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2005

This is the system a Russian friend of mine used -

1. Apply as an asylum seeker.
    2. Marry an Irish man.
    3. Refuse to leave the country.
    4. Get thrown in jail for a few weeks.
    5. Continue to refuse to leave the country.

Eventually the Gardai got bored of this cat and mouse game and have now left her alone.

The key point was the marriage though...

Is this an option for him?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by feenxp

Why would a student want spend the least amount of time in the classroom?
    You're not a student, are you?
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gnash1970
    Well official figures state nearly half a million.

Add to that all the Migrants since, and all the illegal asylum workers and then the Romanians and Bulgarians pluss everyone since the census, we are at nearly 1 million.
    Oh so you mean the shocking truth that you found hidden in the religion section of the census...
    "The Census states it. But it is hidden. According to the census under Religion, it shows a figure of 3.7 Irish people who stated there religious beleifs. However nearly 1 million (997611) people stated there religion. However they also stated the country they came from. And Guess what it isnt Ireland! So in fact we have 1 million migrants here upto 2006 which is really 06re than 20% of the population or every 2-3 in 10 people.
    was in fact just you making a balls-up of reading the figures? Your maths ain't too hot, your spelling is poxy and your reading skills are pathetic. I hope you're not holding back an over-subscribed secondary classroom somewhere.

And am I right in believing that you're claiming above that there are 580,000 "illegal asylum workers and then the Romanians and Bulgarians"? Is this true or are you just trying to cover up the fact that you can't read?

I'm getting quite bored with all this immigration moaning.

These threads are around for EVERY country in the world. There will always be people who want to better themselves or the options they have and live elsewhere. Try looking for one where the Irish post to beat the system in Aus, or the Irish in the states. I know plenty Irish people trying to beat the system in the States.

Secondly working as a student will never allow them to stay indefinately - they will have to conitinue to stay on the student visa for ever; as the time spent in the country does not count as time spent for long termn residence or naturalisation.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarabel
    I'm getting quite bored with all this immigration moaning.
    And you've only just got here!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarabel
    Secondly working as a student will never allow them to stay indefinately - they will have to conitinue to stay on the student visa for ever; as the time spent in the country does not count as time spent for long termn residence or naturalisation.
    Yeah they'll be on the transports with all the other deportees the minute their course ends

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast