Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Denis O'Brien now main shareholder in INM

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Denis O'Brien now main shareholder in INM

    Got this from the news section of NIBs eBanking facility.

    i knew something was up as INM was shifting incredible levels of shares every day for that last week, litterally around 30 million a day.

    at first i thought it was corporate types getting back into the company but now it looks like dennis obrien was upping his stake from 13.8% to 18.61%.

    this now means he's the biggest single share holder in INM, overtaking the oriely family.

    any ideas what this means for the business ?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Olympic Stadium
    Posts
    58,469
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    My humble opinion

    He`ll buy out bond holders.
    He`ll reduce staff numbers
    He`ll take the company private or put all his radio interests into the Group
    He`ll increase the price to €2.20
    He`ll get rid of little willie, eoghan harris, shane ross etc.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,708
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by constitutionus View Post
    Got this from the news section of NIBs eBanking facility.

    i knew something was up as INM was shifting incredible levels of shares every day for that last week, litterally around 30 million a day.

    at first i thought it was corporate types getting back into the company but now it looks like dennis obrien was upping his stake from 13.8% to 18.61%.

    this now means he's the biggest single share holder in INM, overtaking the oriely family.

    any ideas what this means for the business ?


    DOB is reputed to have lost some 500m on his holdings in INM to date, he is obviously determined to oust the O'R's and I would think take it private.

    Perhaps he will start to get better Press on his Moriarty dealings now but TBH INM have been on bended knee to him now for some time.

    Mind you it is just changing a winger for a prop.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    would it even be possible for him to take it private?

    the bondholders have 46% of the company and oreily has somewhere around 14% so if 7% or more dont want to sell to him he cant get the 80% needed to compulsorally buy out the rest of the shareholders (at least if my recolection of getting burned on eircom is accurate )

    i think its more about showing up sir anto than anything else.

    be very intersting to see if it does impact on the editorial content on the newspapers and radio stations they own.

    as stan says they have had to keep one eye on him anyway but now its much more the case.

    i bet anto is raging though

  5. #5

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    thanks dave.

    the problem with the Ebanking site is it gives you the info but says all its reports come via reuters and i couldnt find a link for this story there.

    at least now you guys know im not just making up stuff

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Bonfire of the Vanities as Denis tells Tony his cash cock is bigger.

    As for share price going to 2.20, I assume that is 2.2 cents rather than €2 euro.

    O'Brien looks to me to be a potential Quinn mark 2.
    The 500 million he recently "released" to himself via selling one part of Digicel to another is clearly cash he needed to cover his calamitious Indo punt and he has lost hugely on Aer Lingus as well.

    If I was a shareholder or bondholder in Digicel I would be furious at this sort of "release".
    Not for a second saying it's illegal but I wouldn't want to have a nickel invested in any company where the founder can pull out loot that easily.

    Have to admit i'd certainly raise a glass to him if he threw Barry Egam, Harris, Brendan O' Connor et al on to the dole.
    Forget your investment in Aer Lingus Denis, if you shagged those cretins on the scrap heap you'd be doing the country a real patriotic service.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Malbekh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Carrickmines
    Posts
    2,959
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by constitutionus View Post
    thanks dave.

    the problem with the Ebanking site is it gives you the info but says all its reports come via reuters and i couldnt find a link for this story there.

    at least now you guys know im not just making up stuff
    No we're not, and it's a darn good spot. Well done.
    Blessed be the threadmakers.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anorakphobia View Post
    Bonfire of the Vanities as Denis tells Tony his cash cock is bigger.

    As for share price going to 2.20, I assume that is 2.2 cents rather than €2 euro.

    O'Brien looks to me to be a potential Quinn mark 2.
    The 500 million he recently "released" to himself via selling one part of Digicel to another is clearly cash he needed to cover his calamitious Indo punt and he has lost hugely on Aer Lingus as well.

    If I was a shareholder or bondholder in Digicel I would be furious at this sort of "release".
    Not for a second saying it's illegal but I wouldn't want to have a nickel invested in any company where the founder can pull out loot that easily.

    Have to admit i'd certainly raise a glass to him if he threw Barry Egam, Harris, Brendan O' Connor et al on to the dole.
    Forget your investment in Aer Lingus Denis, if you shagged those cretins on the scrap heap you'd be doing the country a real patriotic service.
    Second that, the Sindo is an absolute reactionary rag and the journalists you mentioned plus others such as Ruth Dudley Edwards and her ilk are awful ****************************************s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •