Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frank Fahey , Eircom shares and his blatant disregard for SIPO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Frank Fahey , Eircom shares and his blatant disregard for SIPO

This another piece of brilliant work from the lads over on The Story

I
    n his declaration of interests to the House of the Oireachtas Frank Fahey states he holds shares in Ryanair, Irish Life and Permanent, Aviva and Eircom. I see no way he could possibly hold shares in Eircom.

To my knowledge its not possible for him to hold Eircom shares since the Valentia takeover in 2001. Eircom shareholders at that time would have had to cash-out or take Vodafone shares.

Strangely, Deputy Fahey declared shares in Vodafone in 2005 and 2006, then Eircom shares in 2007 and every year since. Therefore, if I am correct, and Ive asked around to try to find someone who could tell me Im not (anyone?), Deputy Fahey has made an incorrect declaration for the last three years.

I asked his assistant how I could put some questions to the deputy and was told to send an email to the office address. I sent the following email on April 1, eight days ago;
    read more The Story

Mark Coughlan gets his hands on the Teflon TD Frank Faheys mobile number here is the conversation that followed.

MC Hi is this Frank?

FF Yes, whos this?

MC Mark Coughlan, Im a freelance journalist, Im calling you to ask about your shares in Eircom. I sent you an email last week which your staff said youd got.

FF What about my shares in Eircom?

MC Well to my knowledge its not possible for you to hold shares in Eircom since the takeover. Youd either have had to take the payout or take Vodafone shares when Valentia took over a few years ago

FF Right Ill have to get that sorted so.

MC Eh This is the second such incident with your declaration of interest this year. You also failed to note your stake in Sage Construction but you corrected that with the clerk of the Dil after the Mail contacted you. I mean, how long exactly did you spend compiling the declaration?

FF Listen Who am I speaking with?

MC Mark Coughlan, Im a freelance journalist.

FF Right. Who do you write for Mark?

MC Im freelance.

FF Right. Listen can you put something in writing?

MC Ive already done so and your staff said it was put to you. Which address should I send it to now?

FF My Oireachtas one.

MC Right so. Good luck
    We will now be making a complaint to the Standards in Public Office Commission about the incorrect details on Deputy Faheys declaration. He also failed to declare his stake in Sage Construction for the last two years.

Hopefully SIPO can figure out the situation in relation to Deputy Faheys claim to hold Eircom shares. I cant, and it seems he wont answer my questions to explain.
    The Story

Its about time this part time politician a man who is not fit for public office is taken to task on his blatant disregard for SIPO and the public who pay his more than generous salary .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh and SIPO can do nothing unless someone writes a letter to complain about it.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a pity these guys seem to keep forewarning Fahey so he can cover his tracks but good detective work nonetheless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wink

So many shares/interests so little time...??....and then theres pesky SIPO....!!...sigh!...poor Frank!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    So many shares/interests so little time...??....and then theres pesky SIPO....!!...sigh!...poor Frank!!
    Frank the Teflon TD Fahey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/NR/rdonlyres...22006Part3.pdf

The same Frank Fahey who has been threatening journalists in Leinster House and elsewhere in relation to the matter in the above link......

Politics.ie Member Dreaded_Estate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Makes you wonder what other investments Frank has left out of the register of interests.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded_Estate View Post
    Makes you wonder what other investments Frank has left out of the register of interests.
    and what is in Mrs. forty gaffs name..
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Politics.ie Member MsAnneThrope's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well spotted by Mark. Probably a relatively minor amount but it will be interesting to see how it pans out...
    We all love animals. Why do we call some 'pets' and others 'dinner'?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast