Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Britain 'was behind ira lawyer's murder'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Britain 'was behind ira lawyer's murder'

BRITAIN 'WAS BEHIND IRA LAWYER'S MURDER'

Alan Simpson, one of the Royal Ulster Constabulary’s most senior investigators, was called in after Republican solicitor Pat Finucane was gunned down at his Belfast home in February 1989.

In his book Duplicity And Deception, to be published this week, he recalls that a few days after the murder he was visited by Wilfred Monahan, the then RUC Assistant Chief Constable.

After watching a video of the crime scene, Mr Monahan, who has since died, said : “Alan, if I were you I wouldn’t get too deeply involved in this one.”

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Britain 'was behind IRA lawyer's murder'
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think anyone is surprised by this, but interesting to see it in a UK paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    I don't think anyone is surprised by this, but interesting to see it in a UK paper.
    Very true, i expect a few more of these books by retired R.U.C men now that the conflict is over. It should make for interesting reading
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for posting and the link.

It will be interesting to see what else comes out in this book.

Sadly no one is surprised that the "security forces" were involved in this murder and many others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    It will be interesting to see what else comes out in this book.

Sadly no one is surprised that the "security forces" were involved in this murder and many others.
    I would be "surprised" if there was any evidence that the "security forces" were involved in "murder" If the juciest titbit which they are hanging sales of this book on, is that someone else told him "not to get too deeply involved" it sounds like a singularly boring read.

Very true, i expect a few more of these books by retired R.U.C men now that the conflict is over.
    BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland

And so it goes on, day after day, but we are supposed to believe "the conflict is over" pfff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centauro View Post
    I would be "surprised" if there was any evidence that the "security forces" were involved in "murder" If the juciest titbit which they are hanging sales of this book on, is that someone else told him "not to get too deeply involved" it sounds like a singularly boring read.

BBC NEWS | UK | Northern Ireland

And so it goes on, day after day, but we are supposed to believe "the conflict is over" pfff.
    "surprised", "security forces" , "murder".

By your use of inverted comma's are you suggesting that

A. Your not surprised at these accusations

B. Security forces had nothing top do with it and this once respected member of the crown forces is lying to sell a book or he was always a rouge officer? Well, which is it?

and

C. That it wasn't actually murder?

As for posting a link about dissident republican activity, well i just fail to see how that's related to the article, they are hardliners refusing to let go, start another thread, we'll discuss them there.

This is for discussing the claims made my a retired RUC officer about the British state murdering a solicitor.
    Last edited by eoghanacht; 5th April 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Express seem to be throwing out another spratt here :
    " Details of his book are being closely guarded until publication but it is known that Mr Simpson will tell the astonishing story of extraordinary complicity between the UDA and the IRA "

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say that using the term "IRA lawyer" in the heading is inappropriate in the extreme, regardless of the use of term in the source.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    " Details of his book are being closely guarded until publication but it is known that Mr Simpson will tell the astonishing story of extraordinary complicity between the UDA and the IRA "
    Who knows maybe leadership figures in your party will be asked a few questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    I doubt there will be much more than what we already know, ie that the Building Sites etc were carved up for extortion raquests between the two, and their was an 'understanding' to leave each others prominent members alone

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast