Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Refusing to be photographed with government party members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Refusing to be photographed with government party members

Some people have raised this as a small but eloquent way of showing their disapproval of the government's performance.

It came up recently in a post about a government TD who turned up at a school event just in time to stand in for a photo and then leaving. He presumed on people's good nature and reluctance to be seen as impolite.

Given the importance politicians attach to getting their pictures into the media, will more people exercise their right not to be photographed with government TDs and Senators?
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    Some people have raised this as a small but eloquent way of their disapproval of the government's performance.

It came up recently in a post about a government TD who turned up at a school event just in time to stand in for a photo and then leaving. He presumed on people's good nature and reluctance to be seen as impolite.

Given the importance politicians attach to getting their pictures into the media, will more people exercise their right not to be photographed with government TDs and Senators?
    it happened at my school recently and the FFer in question was handing out his embossed cards
    to 12 year olds- which had me tutting,.

he got the photo, I await the local Newspapers.

his driver had a digital in his pocket , so after the pressing of flesh and refused tea, he
    had the kids/staff organised before ye could draw breath- very professional indeed.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    Some people have raised this as a small but eloquent way of their disapproval of the government's performance.

I thought of this myself only about an hour ago. Organisations should simply refuse to invite them to anything. This came about in Clonmel last Saturday, when some local FF TD's and councillors joined in with the "Support South Tipp Hospital March".... boo them off the stage when they get into their crocodile tears moment
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The other simple, but effective, thing to do is to give them a thumbs down when you see them on the street. Even if they are some distance away, shout at them and then give them the a big thumbs down.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Murray View Post
    it happened at my school recently and the FFer in question was handing out his embossed cards

his driver had a digital in his pocket , so after the pressing of flesh and refused tea, he
    had the kids/staff organised before ye could draw breath- very professional indeed.
    Don't schools nowadays have policies requiring parental permission before photos of their kids are published?
    And would this not apply to a TD who was planning to use this on a website or in a leaflet?
    The school authorities would be well advised to follow up on this - people lurking on the premises taking photos of kids is not good news.
    Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through.
    - J. Swift

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Don't schools nowadays have policies requiring parental permission before photos of their kids are published?
    And would this not apply to a TD who was planning to use this on a website or in a leaflet?
    The school authorities would be well advised to follow up on this - people lurking on the premises taking photos of kids is not good news.
    the school authorities were actually there at the time... so I assume permissions were given, I don't know
    where those images will be published.

But am looking out for 'em.

honestly they are very organised and professional about the old narcissism, also, I refused mine
    permission to get in the photo (cos I was there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would a parent not have the right to refuse the use of their childrens' images by any outside individual, company, entity or scummy politican ?
    Is it not infringing on the childs right to privacy and surely it should not be up to the school authorities to grant that permission ?
    It should only be the parent or guardian who woudl have that right ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Murray View Post

Ambush politics.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know there is a "count me out" system set up for lapsed Catholics who want to leave the Church.

Should FF offer a similar system to supporters who have seen the light and want to leave the Party? Perhaps it's too difficult to get the 666 removed from a skull.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If yu wish not be photographed with a politican then step out and make your views known to the TD etc move on!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast