Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Ciaran Cuffe the only American citizen to hold a position in a European govt?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Ciaran Cuffe the only American citizen to hold a position in a European govt?

I know, I know, you're going to point out that Dev was an American. But things are a bit different now than they were in the 1930's.

I wonder about the position Ciaran Cuffe finds himself in.

If there was a dispute between the US and Ireland or between the US and the EU, where would his first loyalty lie?

Should he have to renounce his American citizenship if he wants to govern in Ireland?

What do other European countries do in situations like this?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought he was Indianisian ? (crap spelling, but you know what I mean)
    The true "front line workers" are the private sector paye employees who are first to take the bullet. Cannon fodder for their state and the public sector.

If he's a US citizen, its strange that he claimed on Vincent Browne to have told white lies in interviews while over on a J1 visa for the summer as a student.

Then again, our Ciaran has a vivid imagination and often suffers from false memory syndrome.

He recently implied he was present at the meeting to found the Green Party. Until this claim was debunked by someone who was actually there ...

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Worst. Thread. Ever. Incoherent, lacking in any factual information, and just inviting stupid comments that will descend into nonsense.

Do I close it now, or act later?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah give it a while; It might get funny
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can reveal exclusively that his real name is Kirrane C. Soetoro III and that he is a moslem.
    Have you ever seen him eating pork? Notice he said he told white lies, not porkies.
    If there is a future, it will be Green.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Sarcasm key] Without doubt the seminal question of our time:
    was Cuffe born in Kenya or Hawaii? [/Sarcasm key]
    Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through.
    - J. Swift

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    [Sarcasm key] Without doubt the seminal question of our time:
    was Cuffe born in Kenya or Hawaii? [/Sarcasm key]
    Sh!t, thats what I meant!!

Anyway, Cuffe for leader of the free world!!
    The true "front line workers" are the private sector paye employees who are first to take the bullet. Cannon fodder for their state and the public sector.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I couldn't care less whether he holds dual citizenship - it is meaningless to me and in no way means he can't do his job.

On a matter of information, I do believe it is the case though. He is also a nephew of Robert Kennedy, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso View Post
    ah give it a while; It might get funny
    It is funny how Cuffe is claiming he was involved in the 1982 Glencree convention that agreed the seven principles of the party. I can confirm that he wasn't there. I doubt that he was even a member of the Ecology Party of Ireland (as it then was). But he managed to base his whole convention speech last weekend on that fantasy!
    15 Jan 2001 -- Fine Gael pledged to end fluoridation because of "serious health concerns".

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast