Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 138 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry Adams ordered Jean McConville execution: Times

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gerry Adams ordered Jean McConville execution: Times

The Sunday Times serialisation of Ed Moloney's book including the memoirs of IRA Commander Brendan Hughes says that Gerry Adams ordered the execution of Jean McConville.

Brendan “darkie” Hughes, a former commander of the IRA in Belfast, has claimed posthumously that Gerry Adams ordered the killing and burial of Jean McConville, the mother-of-10 shot dead by the IRA in 1972. He also suggested that Adams gave the order for the Provisional IRA to hang one of its own members in Long Kesh in June 1973 after the 22-year-old cracked under police questioning.
    Hughes also boasted that he personally ran a personation campaign for Adams’s election as MP in west Belfast in 1987, and again in the council elections of 1989, stealing a “massive” number of votes.
    Gerry Adams ‘had Jean McConville disappeared’ - Times Online

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An utterly dispicable act from a coward -whoever ordered it. The true qualities of SF's leaders will emerge in the coming years and decades. People won't forget the acts they committed and supported against Irish people. Murder, torture and maiming was their stock in trade in an attempt to overthrow the Republic.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it's true (I don't know), I doubt it'll make a difference. He covered up for his paedo brother and neither the media nor SF supporters appear to give a toss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adams is deeply tarnished on a personal level - his morality is not at all "normal" nor acceptable.

Descent of Sinn Féin hacks to engage in campaign of obfuscation, attack the messenger and whataboutery in 10, 9,8...

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow the english press throwing the muck again, wonder who is behind this story disidents, ex RUC special branch, MI5 or just unfounded english muck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The original spin on the murder of Jean McConvile that she was shot for going to the assistance of an injured soldier which had huge propaganda value at the time for discrediting the IRA - but was never credible and was obviously part of the British disinformation campaign.
    Hughes now states postumously that:
    “She was an informer; she had a transmitter in her house. The British supplied the transmitter [to watch] the movements of IRA volunteers around Divis Flats at that time,” Hughes said. “I sent a squad over to the house to check it out and there was a transmitter. We retrieved [it], arrested her, took her away, interrogated her, and she told [us] what she was doing.”
    This by itself is newsworthy and most likely true - even if though it was widely known and published in Ed Moloneys original book way back.
    That Adams 'ordered' the execution of Jean McConville seems unlikely and more spin again given that Adams was not believed to be involved in the military wing to any significant extent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

... 3 aah I see they are early

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Quote Originally Posted by markeys View Post
    An utterly dispicable act from a coward -whoever ordered it. The true qualities of SF's leaders will emerge in the coming years and decades. People won't forget the acts they committed and supported against Irish people. Murder, torture and maiming was their stock in trade in an attempt to overthrow the Republic.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

His reputation is already Mud due his open support for Mass Immigration & bogus chancers.

He has made it pretty clear what he thinks of Irish People.

But Mr Adams should remember one thing

Hell hath no fury like a voter scorned...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    That Adams 'ordered' the execution of Jean McConville seems unlikely and more spin again given that Adams was not believed to be involved in the military wing to any significant extent.
    That is a load of bollix. Michael Noonan will tell anyone that during his period as Minister for Justice (1982-87) that Adams was Chief of Staff of the IRA.

Page 1 of 138 123451151101 ... LastLast