Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fine Gael's 100,000 jobs !!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Fine Gael's 100,000 jobs !!

I posted the following in the Killarney thread but I really feel it deserves to be highlighted in a separate thread. I was quite shocked at how poor the FG job creation policy really is and what a poor grasp of the issue was displayed by the contributors:

"Has anybody been listening to Saturdayview? Bruton, Mitchell, Creed and Kelly were on. In fairness Bruton gave a fairly good account of himself on Anglo but when they moved onto the 100,000 jobs .....disaster. Rachael English didn't go too hard on them - she fairly gently asked them a few times where the jobs are going to come from ....they hadn't a clue. As one failed to answer another one of them tried to come to the rescue but it quickly became clear that there is no substance behind the idea. They are going to get savaged on this."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I posted the following in the Killarney thread but I really feel it deserves to be highlighted in a separate thread. I was quite shocked at how poor the FG job creation policy really is and what a poor grasp of the issue was displayed by the contributors:

"Has anybody been listening to Saturdayview? Bruton, Mitchell, Creed and Kelly were on. In fairness Bruton gave a fairly good account of himself on Anglo but when they moved onto the 100,000 jobs .....disaster. Rachael English didn't go too hard on them - she fairly gently asked them a few times where the jobs are going to come from ....they hadn't a clue. As one failed to answer another one of them tried to come to the rescue but it quickly became clear that there is no substance behind the idea. They are going to get savaged on this."
    Unless their Irish Jobs for Irish Workers what is the point?

IRISH JOBS FOR IRISH WORKERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post

Or for people who can tell the difference between "they are" and "their" perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simbo67 View Post
    Or for people who can tell the difference between "they are" and "their" perhaps?
    Stop being so pedantic!

Fact is the political elite that is FG never were and never will be interested in Irish Workers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's not a fact, thats the opinion of some random poster on p.ie. Secondly, if you are going to be xenophobic, you should at least try to get your spelling correct. It slightly undermines your point otherwise.

Politics.ie Member Cabbage/Turnip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simbo67 View Post
    That's not a fact, thats the opinion of some random poster on p.ie. Secondly, if you are going to be xenophobic, you should at least try to get your spelling correct. It slightly undermines your point otherwise.
    Can you tell us where the 100,00o jobs are coming from?

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post

Dem foreigners cant (sic) even learn themselves (sic) proper English so they cant (sic).

We expect all future posts to be prefaced with "I'm not racist but..."

I suspect you buy the Sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage/Turnip View Post
    Can you tell us where the 100,00o jobs are coming from?

Inda is going to step down 100,000 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not a natural fine gael supportor but in fairness I've been watching the party shin dig on RTÉ and their proposals are more free thinking and new than FFs spin & bullsh1t about "innovation ireland the knowledge economy"
    Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why don't you bother reading the document (launched last year) and educate yourself. The jobs are to come out of the construction and establishment of several new semi states in the new key utilities and green energy production, and the ancillary jobs that multiply out of that.

You know, key investment, ie: the stuff borrowing is supposed to be for, not the cleaning up of 13 years of FF excess, waste and bad decisions (nationalising Anglo etc) which we've borrowing billions for currently..

Why don't you now post a new thread (coz you are all about balance) about the 600,000 new jobs (or whatever) that Ahern claims credit for creating over a decade and tell me exactly FF were responsible for their creation, but not for the 300,000 losses since Cowen took over 2 years ago...

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast