Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the Health Care Vote

Politics.ie Member Oreo Livermore's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Predict the Health Care Vote

Pelosi now says that the vote in the House is to take place Sunday. Denis Kucinich is the latest NO voter to change his mind and he now says that he will vote for Obama's Health Bill. Nancy has the votes counted and it is now or never.

I believe that everyone can see that Obama is destroying the democrat party but the sitution is they are going to get wiped out anyway so some have accepted their fate and will vote for the bill.

I still believe that it will not pass. I expect that democrats in what were safe seats before Obama came along are now sweating. Massachusetts is a perfect example. The 10 House representatives say how Obama lost Ted Kennedy's seat so what chance have they. Maybe Lynch and Capuano will come to their senses and save themselves. Seven others are so stupid that they are on the USS Barak Titanic. The tenth has already announced that he is not seeking reelection

My Prediction. Obama Loses.

Lets hear from the self professed experts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

States are gearing up to challenge the bill if it passes anyway, Texas AG Greg Abbott will be leading the way saying you can't force people to buy insurance.
    The recent Democratic primaries chose a lot of conservative candidates so I do not think they will be wiped out in November, a minority most likely (even more so in the Senate) but not the rout predicted. This leads me to think they will be cautious and not ready to go out with a blaze of glory.

Politics.ie Member Oreo Livermore's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That deserves a thread of it's own. Idaho had the governor sign a law yesterday nullifying the whole thing

Idaho governor signs bill against health care insurance legislation | McClatchy

38 states are ready to tell Obama that he will only be president of 12 states and DC.

Anyway, you predict a NO then with enough saving themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's gonna be passed. The Congressional Budget Office has today reported that the legislation would cost $940bn over ten years, and in this time reduce the budget deficit by $138bn. Kucinich on the left has shifted, as has anti-abortionist Kildee; expect more centrist Dems to now follow. Obama has cancelled a major visit to Asia to keep both eyes on the health vote. According to politico.com:

The decision to cancel his trip may look like a sign of urgency but it's also, in the language of Washington, a sign of tremendous confidence: You don't set the President of the United States up to experience humiliation in person. It's being taken right now by people on both sides of the fight as the clearest sign yet that Nancy Pelosi has the votes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who'd have thought those charming tea party members would be on the losing side.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik4f1dRbP8"]YouTube- Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim[/ame]
    Conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less. E.J. Dionne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imokyrok View Post
    Who'd have thought those charming tea party members would be on the losing side.
    YouTube- Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim
    It's about time somebody confronted those Communist spies masquerading as Parkinsons 'victims'. It's what the Founding Fathers would have wanted.

*Democratic Party.
    Repeal the 27th.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by imokyrok View Post
    Bunch of freaks.

I wonder if YoungDan/Oreo is the guy showering him with notes.

Politics.ie Member Raketemensch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo Livermore View Post

Lets hear from the self professed experts
    Who here is an expert on the ridiculousness of the US political scene with its tea parties and shock jocks and other nonsense? Who gives a sh1t whether the Americans want to give all their money to insurance companies or not?

Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast