Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Sligo North-Leitrim GE Candidates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sligo North-Leitrim GE Candidates

Two have declared their intention to run at the next General Election on Paddy Clancy's show on Ocean FM. Michael Comiskey and Veronica Cawley are the two in question. So what about the other parties?

Fianna Fáil:

Eamon Scanlon
    Jimmy Devins
    Jude Devins (Will look for nomination but wont get it)
    Marc MacSharry(Will look for nomination I feel)
    An outsider would be Paschal Mooney but I dont see him doing so.

Fine Gael:
    John Perry
    Michael Comiskey
    Imelda Henry??
    Tony McLoughlin??

Sinn Fein:
    McManus said he wouldnt run so who will be on the line out this time?

Labour:
    Cawley
    O'Keeffe (I certainly think she'll look for the nomination)
    McGarry

Indos:
    Anything is possible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jude wont be looking for the nomination if his Dad is looking to keep his seat!
    For a Liberal Fianna Fáil perspective, take a look at www.donnachamaguire.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Jude wont be looking for the nomination if his Dad is looking to keep his seat!
    Jimmy is not his Dad nor his uncle as some people think. In fact I think the closest they are related is first/second cousins.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would Declan Bree run? He'd get my vote if I lived in Sligo.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Imelda is surely history after the locals. Poor result.
    Why would Michael Comiskey get another run out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Craiced View Post
    Imelda is surely history after the locals. Poor result.
    Why would Michael Comiskey get another run out?
    I'm not saying he'll get a run out. What I'm posting is those who will seek nominations.

I think Perry would rather Comiskey run than McLoughlin. The lesser of two evils in his eye surely!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ograff View Post
    Jimmy is not his Dad nor his uncle as some people think. In fact I think the closest they are related is first/second cousins.

Jesus didnt know that, but even still it would cause probs!!
    For a Liberal Fianna Fáil perspective, take a look at www.donnachamaguire.com

Politics.ie Member RetiredProvo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ograff View Post
    Two have declared their intention to run at the next General Election on Paddy Clancy's show on Ocean FM. Michael Comiskey and Veronica Cawley are the two in question. So what about the other parties?

If Comiskey gets the nod and I doubt it he'll bomb out like last time. If LP give Cawley the nod then they are more stupid that I gave them credit for especially after the Pamela fiasco. Townies have long memories and don't like passing the old Mercy convent to look into it and see them out basking in the sun, or pushing them out of their way in Dunnes with state subsidised buggies..

Fianna Fáil:

Eamon Scanlon
    Jimmy Devins
    Jude Devins (Will look for nomination but wont get it)
    Marc MacSharry(Will look for nomination I feel)
    An outsider would be Paschal Mooney but I dont see him doing so.

No, I think Jimmy devins will have the balls to seek and get the nomination for FF, Scanlon is a shoo in..

Fine Gael:
    John Perry
    Michael Comiskey
    Imelda Henry??
    Tony McLoughlin??

Tony for sure as he made quite clear on Ocean FM after last locals. Perry a cert.

Sinn Fein:
    McManus said he wouldnt run so who will be on the line out this time?

Jesus wept, please tell me you have it confirmed that "Pappa Doc" won't run but don't tell me "Baby Doc" wants to make a fool of himself in his place.
    The damage these two have done to the party in the town and further afield is not for this thread.
    Only the likes of Arthur has kept the whole thing from degenerating into a full blown schism. If they have any sense they'll give Arthur or Colreavy the nod or better still let them both run to maximise the Leitrim and Sligo Town SF vote respectively.

Labour:
    Cawley
    O'Keeffe (I certainly think she'll look for the nomination)
    McGarry

Cawley, enough said as mentioned above
    O'Keefe, HQ will do their damnest to get her the nod and she could just take the last seat.
    McGarry, should stick to buying the 2 ltr bottles of Smirnoff up in ASDA in E'killen for his pub. The shame of it and him Mayor. Still, could be worse as he knows from looking at recent CCTV footage of late night fornications in his bar!!

Indos:
    Anything is possible!

Bree, the auld campaigner to get a respectible first preference vote of around 3000 or so and a possible surprise Eirigi candidate..
    Last edited by RetiredProvo; 15th March 2010 at 12:27 AM.
    tan Gaucho como el Gaucho

Fianna Fail

Scanlon as said above is a shoo in and I think Marc McSharry will get the nod as I don't believe Devins will run again.

Fine Gael

Perry is indeed a cert, but FG really have to give Tony a run too despite Perry's grievances at that because of Tony's strong local showing once again.

Labour

Well if I were Veronica I would be well pissed off if O'Keefe got the nod, but I'm sure HQ would favour O'keefe.
    McGarry hasn't a hope in hell I can't see him running again, he's happy with his 2 seats.

Sinn Fein

Will be interesting, whoever runs won't get anywhere but would it be Chris?

Indos

Bree would get a decent vote I'm sure, as for an eirigi candidate retired provo? I think that's a little over optimistic on their part? I assume you're referring to Gerry who I have plenty of time for but I don't think eirigi have the manpower or base as of yet in the region.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about Senator Parnell Mooney, Leitrim is bursting for one of their own.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast