Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Jonny Ronan's Private Jet be repossessed?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default When will Jonny Ronan's Private Jet be repossessed?

Reading in the Sindo, Ronan flew to Morocco with Rosanna Davidson in a private jet.

Is this the same Ronan who owes a billion euro to NAMA/taxpayer, and the reason he owes the taxpayer is he is unable to pay off the banks.

This guy cannot pay the banks yet has a Mayback, houses all over the world, private jet, probably a yacht.

What the hell is going on here? What sort of joke of a country do we have when clowns like Ronan remain untouched despite losing a billion euro of what will eventually be taxpayer's money.

And he rubs all our noses in it by flying all over the world in a private jet, ultimately paid for by all of us.

Does anyone else see similarities with France on the eve of the Revolution? A gilded elite who can do anything and are parasites on society.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is Politics.ie.

Just a reminder.

Despite what the mainstream media (or a number of them) seem to think - I don't think this is news.

What Jonny Ronan does with his plane or anything else is really none of the concern of Politics.ie IMHO.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When and if he cannot keep up his repayments - is the obvious answer to your question.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    What Jonny Ronan does with his plane or anything else is really none of the concern of Politics.ie IMHO.
    David, I'm absolutely baffled by this statement. A man we taxpayers are bailing out is still living a high lifestyle and seemingly has not had to sell off any assets to make up his huge loss. This isn't merely gossip.

P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    David, I'm absolutely baffled by this statement. A man we taxpayers are bailing out is still living a high lifestyle and seemingly has not had to sell off any assets to make up his huge loss. This isn't merely gossip.

P.
    I may be wrong but are we not bailing out his companies, not Ronan personally? There is a big difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    This is Politics.ie.

Just a reminder.

Despite what the mainstream media (or a number of them) seem to think - I don't think this is news.

That's a rather strange reply.

Firstly, it is news.

Secondly, what Jonny does with his plane is of paramount interest to anyone who has to bear the brunt of these developers misdeeds. That would be a good portion of P.ie's members.

Perhaps you are doing a Louis XIV on this...

L'Etat c'est Moi

Evidence of ownership that it is his plane ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Jack View Post
    I may be wrong but are we not bailing out his companies, not Ronan personally? There is a big difference.
    Or perhaps even one might consider that we are not bailing out either - we are bailing out the banks who lent Treasury Holdings and other associated companies money. They still owe that money and NAMA has made it clear that they will be rigorously pursuing their debtors.

Beyond that, I have seen nothing to suggest that Treasury are a defaulting debtor to the banks. We have seen this in relation to many developers but Treasury have not come up in the news in this respect. Much of their development is overseas in any case. NAMA is taking on all major development loans from the banks, one would want to do a little more digging before they state whether or not one loan is or is not performing. To do otherwise simply discredits one's argument.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Jack View Post
    If we weren't bailing out his companies, then they would collapse and he would no longer be earning money to maintain his very visible and ostentacious lifestyle. The distinction is rather Jesuitical.

P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

Quote Originally Posted by johnfás View Post
    Or perhaps even one might consider that we are not bailing out either - we are bailing out the banks who lent Treasury Holdings and other associated companies money. They still owe that money and NAMA has made it clear that they will be rigorously pursuing their debtors.

Beyond that, I have seen nothing to suggest that Treasury are a defaulting debtor to the banks. We have seen this in relation to many developers but Treasury have not come up in the news in this respect. Much of their development is overseas in any case. NAMA is taking on all major development loans from the banks, one would want to do a little more digging before they state whether or not one loan is or is not performing. To do otherwise simply discredits one's argument.
    but why would they be taking over loans that are performing?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast