Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland... needed here ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland... needed here ?

The Swiss Government has found that 12-14 year old boys are having sex, not using condoms and too small to fit into men's condoms. Thus the Swiss are now peddling small condoms for boys. Should we do this here ?

Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland - Telegraph
    Called the Hotshot, the condom has been produced after government research showed 12 to14-year-olds did not use sufficient protection when having sex.
    The study, conducted on behalf of the Federal Commission for Children and Youth, interviewed 1,480 people aged 10 to 20....
    A standard condom has a diameter of 2ins (5.2cm) in comparison with the Hotshot's diameter of 1.7ins (4.5cm). Both are the same length 7.4ins (19cm).
    Family planning groups and the Swiss Aids Federation campaigned to have the Hotshot produced after a number of studies, including the government study researched at the Centre for Development and Personality Psychology at Basel University.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another under age sex thread cyp? Are you a priest? you seem to have an unhealthy interest in youth and their sexual exploits
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Another under age sex thread cyp? Are you a priest? you seem to have an unhealthy interest in youth and their sexual exploits
    If people aren't able to have the needed public policy discussions about sex : that's their problem not mine

The Daily Telegraph is a respected mainstream newspaper. The Irish remain prudes about sex, and say Madame of the Irish Times would faint if she saw that article

In Switzerland a political lobbying campaign had to be run to get small condoms off the ground, it's perfectly valid to ask if it is needed here

cYp

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See Cyberianpan, I consider this thread to be trolling.

There is already a thread on here discussign trolling, and while you're not considered a troll over there, you are starting threads like this, which are nothing more than trolling.

Condoms for 12 y olds are not needed here because boys having sex at twelve have bigger problems than worrying about getting condoms to fit them

Do yourself a favour, and close this thread down before it attracts more trolls
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I was 12, I didn't know what a condom was.

When I was 17, condoms in Ireland were as rare as shards of the True Cross.

I'd love to hear the bishops coming on to decry the introduction of 'Junior' condoms, given their familiarity with adolescent genitalia.
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goosebump View Post
    When I was 12, I didn't know what a condom was.

When I was 17, condoms in Ireland were as rare as shards of the True Cross.

I'd love to hear the bishops coming on to decry the introduction of 'Junior' condoms, given their familiarity with adolescent genitalia.
    Strike 1

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    The Daily Telegraph is a respected mainstream newspaper.
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    See Cyberianpan, I consider this thread to be trolling.

There is already a thread on here discussign trolling, and while you're not considered a troll over there, you are starting threads like this, which are nothing more than trolling.

Condoms for 12 y olds are not needed here because boys having sex at twelve have bigger problems than worrying about getting condoms to fit them

Do yourself a favour, and close this thread down before it attracts more trolls
    As evidenced by the above article, in Switzerland they had a public policy debate before bringing in small condoms

Are you saying that we can't have a public policy debate ?

Fact is that Ireland still has many socially conservative authoritarians, not too long since only married people could get contraception on prescription. Indeed condoms in pubs is a relatively recent departure.

Switzerland had the debate - with the result of bringing in condoms marketed towards young adolescents. Why can't Ireland have the debate ?

cYp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    I wonder that too. Something of a sexual deviant on the evidence of certain threads. Cyberianpan can troll to his/her heart's content thanks to being a moderator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    As evidenced by the above article, in Switzerland they had a public policy debate before bringing in small condoms

Are you saying that we can't have a public policy debate ?

Fact is that Ireland still has many socially conservative authoritarians, not too long since only married people could get contraception on prescription. Indeed condoms in pubs is a relatively recent departure.

Switzerland had the debate - with the result of bringing in condoms marketed towards young adolescents. Why can't Ireland have the debate ?

cYp
    Because 12 y olds in Ireland are not supposed to be having sex.. it's the law. Therefore advancing a discussion facilitating and act which is essentially illegal is a moot point.

Start a thread on whether or not 12 y old boys should be allowed to have sex first, then consider the implications of the lack of availability of condoms, but not beforehand.

I have already reported the thread by the way, but just to let you know why and what I did in the protest. I did it because I know that due to the subject matter, within a short lenght of time, the thread will descend into arguments which have nothing to do with the thread title, and outlined to the mods what those arguments will be. Just to evidence the stupidity of allowing threads like this.. I've already had one strike.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast