Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: is it time to bring the city of dublin to a standstill to force a general election?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default is it time to bring the city of dublin to a standstill to force a general election?

i have come to the conclusion that the only way to force an election is to bring the city of dublin to a complete standstill, the people must blockade dublin port,dublin airport and the m50,mass protest on all main routes into the city,block access to all the shopping centres and government offices demand cowen and his cronies resign and hold a general election.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charley View Post
    i have come to the conclusion that the only way to force an election is to bring the city of dublin to a complete standstill, the people must blockade dublin port,dublin airport and the m50,mass protest on all main routes into the city,block access to all the shopping centres and government offices demand cowen and his cronies resign and hold a general election.
    Now your talkin'.......once it is kept peaceful.

I'm there with ya.

I am so sick and deeply saddened to see how this country is going....

The country is in deep trouble, not just economically, with NO proactive action being taken by our gov.
    The hurt of one is the hurt of all, the honour of one is the honour of all.

Native American Indian Traditional Code of Ethics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sounds like a normal day in Dublin to be honest. Dublin on its best day reminds me of the fall of Saigon.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if we can peacefully blockade the whole city into shutdown ,they'll have to pay attention to what the people want,don't let their followers incite any violence

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No.

Political strikes are neither democratic nor likely to produce governments with the gumption to face up to particular vested interests (viz. public service workers and the trade unions*).

I'd like to see the Government being brought down by being defeated in the Dáil. And the sooner the better.

*Public service defenders please note, I'm not suggesting that these are the only vested interests likely to need facing down, just that they are an important part of the mix.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could start in the hills of donegal and report back to us on how you get on.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if we can peacefully blockade the whole city into shutdown ,they'll have to pay attention to what the people want,don't let their followers incite any violence
    Exactly. No need for violence.....but the people need to be heard and it hasn't really been happening.

ARE WE MEN/WOMEN......OR ARE WE MICE?????
    The hurt of one is the hurt of all, the honour of one is the honour of all.

Native American Indian Traditional Code of Ethics

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you listen to Liveline today? It was proof at how successful the strategy of dividing Public and Private sector workers has been. Lendahand's spin doctors must have been chuffed. But who looses? We all do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
    Exactly. No need for violence.....but the people need to be heard and it hasn't really been happening.
    They're heard every 4 years through representative elections. Silly thread.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    Did you listen to Liveline today? It was proof at how successful the strategy of dividing Public and Private sector workers has been. Lendahand's spin doctors must have been chuffed. But who looses? We all do.
    Indeed.

A general strike would be the best possible boost to FF.

Everyone would be point the finger at the Public Service instead of at them.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast