Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Bulger Killer back in jail

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Jamie Bulger Killer back in jail

Jon Venables One Of James Bulger's Killers Recalled To Jail After Parole Breach | UK News | Sky News

The reason for his return to jail have bot yet been disclosed, other than he broke parole conditions.
    The Ministry of Justice confirmed Venables has been returned to an unnamed jail for breaching the strict terms of his release.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you
    down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

They had seven years (I think) to rehabilitate an eleven year old kid and couldn't manage it. Doesn't say much for the rehabilitation arguement

Politics.ie Member Pat Mc Larnon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At the time of the Bulger murder there was a very similar case in Norway. I believe that the Norwegians took a very different approach and the boys involved did not go through the judicial proccess but were returned to their class almost immediately, although under the supervision of a psychologist. In terms of rehabilitation they thought, because they were minors, that was the road to go down. There is some detail on that case here.
    Last edited by Pat Mc Larnon; 3rd March 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Mac View Post
    neither of those animals should have been released

wishy washy pinkos that believe in rehabilitation have a lot to answer for

evil does exist as does a cure....
    Benny - What would a 10 year know Benny? I have an 8 year old myself and its up to me as a parent to teach him standards that I see fit.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Mac View Post
    Iarmhi, no disrespect to you or your child(ren) but I can remember being very young and knowing the difference between right and wrong

I was witness to conversations to children of a similar age stating that they could commit a murder and 'get away' with it

While we all like to think of Children as being angels they are capable of dark thoughts, all a parent can do is educate them morally

as boss hawg stated: 'there are some men, ya just cant reach'

that's why more progressive societies have a Death Penalty
    A 10 year old Benny....

I'm no member of the PC brigade - but a 10 year old knows little

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A ten year old can understand concepts like suffering, death, good and evil.

Genetics and environment produce killers like Venables.

Not all kids with genes that gives them a predisposition to violence or who have had appalling violent upbringings turn into killers but some do and Venables is one of them.

Sadistic psychopathic behaviour manifests itself from an early age - Ted Bundy for instance is believed to have begun his murderous career as a young boy.

Venables and Thompson were acting out a violent fantasy when they murdered Bulger.
    It excited them and they enjoyed it.

I have no doubt that Venables would kill again and is still a danger to society.

Monsters like that should not be free to walk the streets masquerading as a human beings.

These creatures are perfectly capable of mimicking human emotions and convincing the unsuspecting that they are normal.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    They had seven years (I think) to rehabilitate an eleven year old kid and couldn't manage it. Doesn't say much for the rehabilitation arguement
    I think much depends on whether or not the child is a sociopath. If he is it is highly unlikely rehabilitation will have much impact. The most one could hope for would be training the individual to sublimate his more violent tendencies in order to avoid punishment. I'd need to know more about the nature of the parole violation to make a judgement and would be fascinated to learn more about the Norwegian case Pat. The Scandinavians seem to be so much more progressive and innovative in such matters. Well all matters really.
    Conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less. E.J. Dionne

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Daily Mail James Bulger killer Jon Venables returned to prison | Mail Online
    No one knows yet what he has done.
    Home Secretary Alan Johnson also refused to reveal the reasons this morning......Asked if he was concerned about Venables' early release, he added: 'There has to be a process here and that is what has gone on. Jon Venables was only released on the basis of very strict licence conditions, those licence conditions have been breached and he is back in custody
    Licence terms were:When Jon Venables and Robert Thompson were released in 2001, their parole was subject to strict conditions:
    They were ordered to end contact with each other;
    They could not contact or attempt to contact any member of the Bulger family;

The killers were not allowed to enter the metropolitan County of Merseyside without the prior written consent of their probation officers;
    If their behaviour deteriorated or they started using drugs they could be sent back to prison;
    If they are jailed again, they could face a life sentence.

Also
    Albert Kirby, who headed the Bulger investigation, said he had spoken to Denise and that the news had brought 'a whole load of anxiety' back to her..........
    He suggested it was unlikely a minor infringement had ended Venables' freedom, given the huge effort made to create a new life for him.
    Last edited by beanie; 3rd March 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    A 10 year old Benny....

You can certainly know right and wrong, but can you properly appreciate the seriousness and consequences of what you've done - beyond being scared of getting caught?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
    You can certainly know right and wrong, but can you properly appreciate the seriousness and consequences of what you've done - beyond being scared of getting caught?
    Even if they didn't know what they were doing was wrong, they clearly showed that they had no sense of compassion. They didn't stop when he cried/screamed/bleed.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast