Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisbon revisited

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lisbon revisited

<edit: technical problem with this thread, ignore this post !>
    Last edited by cyberianpan; 13th May 2010 at 09:43 PM.
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lisbon has been in force for less then three months. Did you seriously expect announcements of thousands of jobs from January 1? What instant differences did you expect to see when Lisbon came into force?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cameleon View Post
    ...my hope is to have an honest open debate, NOT a slagging match.
    I'm sorry to say that you clearly have much more faith in human nature than I do! I'll never forget the hysteria that seemed to infect every second thread on P.ie. during the Lisbon debate - in fact I wish I could!

I think that it is great that we finally voted away our independence and sovereignty and that we are now in the advent of Global Tyranny.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, this is going to be a measured and thoughtful discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The same differences alot of people seen, before it even came into effect. Its all about perception really. We were told this was the way forward. Im simply asking, ok, are they creating any jobs, have they announced any plans for job creation, anything down the road at all? Seems to me they got their result, now its business as normal. In fact looks like to me that the eu have told us to sort out our own mess, balance your own books.
    The Yes to Jobs slogan was about convincing foreign investors that we are still committed to the EU. The Yes vote did that.

However, whether we voted Yes or No is irrelevant when we have have a bunch of clowns running the country who are doing everything in their power to (a) lose any jobs we have and (b) fail to create the conditions to create any new jobs.

That's not a Lisbon or EU problem - that is an Irish problem.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The same differences alot of people seen, before it even came into effect. Its all about perception really. We were told this was the way forward. Im simply asking, ok, are they creating any jobs, have they announced any plans for job creation, anything down the road at all? Seems to me they got their result, now its business as normal. In fact looks like to me that the eu have told us to sort out our own mess, balance your own books.
    Well, apart from bailing us out a lot (for example). Still, to see what would have happened if we voted No, we only need to look into a parallel dimension in which that happened, and compare the job situation in that Ireland to this one.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Jack View Post
    The Yes to Jobs slogan was about convincing foreign investors that we are still committed to the EU. The Yes vote did that.

However, whether we voted Yes or No is irrelevant when we have have a bunch of clowns running the country who are doing everything in their power to (a) lose any jobs we have and (b) fail to create the conditions to create any new jobs.

That's not a Lisbon or EU problem - that is an Irish problem.
    The Yes to Jobs slogan was about gulling those voters who hadn't been terrified into voting Yes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sED3iApAvE"]YouTube- Yes for jobs[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    The Yes to Jobs slogan was about gulling those voters who hadn't been terrified into voting Yes.
    No more than the attempts by various No elements to terrify people into voting No with blatant lies about abortion, EU armies and a minimum wage of €1.83.

And what do you think a No vote would have done to job creation prospects? Do you think it would it have convinced US and Chinese investors that Ireland was a committed member of the EU and a sound place in which to invest?

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast