Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Access to credit is definitely stabilising

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Access to credit is definitely stabilising

RTÉ Business: Bigger fall in lending to businesses

The floodgates will open when NAMA is completed.

Personal loans for holidays, furniture, school fees and food will available soon

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    RTÉ Business: Bigger fall in lending to businesses

The floodgates will open when NAMA is completed.

Personal loans for holidays, furniture, school fees and food will available soon
    On the same day as NAMA is approved. The irony! The Credit Crunch intensifies and we sold our souls. Happy days!

“The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The dogs on the street know exactly whats going on. This morning I visited another client who is going into liquidation, a solid small business who employ 20 people, going down over 50k.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The FF Government will be thrilled. Their plan for Ireland to regain competivness at Polish wages is definitely working.

Could someone please let the DOF know that as jobs are lost and wages cut the effect is

1. Taxes fall
    2. Social welfare payments increase

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    You know, I was out for dinner with the missus a few months ago when a group of bimbos at the next table started talking about NAMA. I swear to God, one _did_ honestly say she thought it was a good idea as a friend of hers had been refused a loan to go on a shopping trip to New York.

The wife swears it looked like I was about to stab yer wan with a fork. (If I had, luckily for her it was a tapas restaurant and therefore a small fork.)

P.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

The rate of decline in lending is accelerating with the adjusted figures showing credit to non-financial corporations fell by 4.3 per cent in the year ending January. The annual decline in December was 3.1 per cent, while November recorded a fall of 2.7 per cent.

Is it not about time that the Opposition demanded metrics by which the government’s actions can be judged?
    www.namawinelake.wordpress.com

NAMA designed to be to property what the CAP was to agriculture - difference, food production is essential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NAMAwinelake View Post
    The rate of decline in lending is accelerating with the adjusted figures showing credit to non-financial corporations fell by 4.3 per cent in the year ending January. The annual decline in December was 3.1 per cent, while November recorded a fall of 2.7 per cent.

Is it not about time that the Opposition demanded metrics by which the government’s actions can be judged?
    Overall in macroeconomic terms we are not in a downwards business cycle.. we are actually engaging in a necessary contraction, resulting from two bubble bursts (public pay & property)

Contraction in amounts loaned is a sign of health... and I don't quite understand why politicians won't explain this.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member libertarian-right's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How far can a country bend before it snaps? There is just too much pressure applied in so many areas of our economy.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Overall in macroeconomic terms we are not in a downwards business cycle..
    Seriously, based on what - we have negative outlook for GNP, Employment, house prices, inflation, wages, public spending, how can we not in macroeconomic terms not be in a downwards business cycle?
    www.namawinelake.wordpress.com

NAMA designed to be to property what the CAP was to agriculture - difference, food production is essential.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Overall in macroeconomic terms we are not in a downwards business cycle.. we are actually engaging in a necessary contraction, resulting from two bubble bursts (public pay & property)

Contraction in amounts loaned is a sign of health... and I don't quite understand why politicians won't explain this.

cYp
    They won't explain it, because they've spent the whole time since giving the bank guarentees promising former voters that what was done, was done so that we can go back to where we were i.e. loads of money, loads of credit, house prices back in the stratosphere

In fact, they are still peddling the line, that the current cuts, and the ones that will inevitably coming in the next budget or two, will be made on a short term basis, and that once "we are over the hump", we'll go back to where we were again

They cannot face telling people the truth i.e. that we're not going to see the last decade again.. ever again
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast