Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trocaire: One charity I'll never support.

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trocaire: One charity I'll never support.

Trocaire's blanket advertising in Radio and TV whether it's the run up to Christmas, the duration of lent, it's charity propaganda goes way too far for my liking.

Their current "A,B,C,D" advert, is put together as if you were the child in a classroom. Now I know my A,B,C, -I'll donate lots of money to Trocaire. It's cynical.

In the run up to the Copenhagen last December, Trocaire printed off thousands of leaflets which were distributed in Churches all over the country which requested the public to back the Climate Change Fraud and to sign their leaflet and post it to the Government to mandate us signing a legally binding agreement to give over 1 - 2% of our GDP to the UN and World Bank.

The money spend on advertising by Trocaire must be phenomenal. But I don't buy their propaganda no matter what other good works they do.

John O'Shea's GOAL in my opinion is the better option.
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny's Soldier View Post
    Trocaire's blanket advertising in Radio and TV whether it's the run up to Christmas, the duration of lent, it's charity propaganda goes way too far for my liking.

Their current "A,B,C,D" advert, is put together as if you were the child in a classroom. Now I know my A,B,C, -I'll donate lots of money to Trocaire. It's cynical.

In the run up to the Copenhagen last December, Trocaire printed off thousands of leaflets which were distributed in Churches all over the country which requested the public to back the Climate Change Fraud and to sign their leaflet and post it to the Government to mandate us signing a legally binding agreement to give over 1 - 2% of our GDP to the UN and World Bank.

The money spend on advertising by Trocaire must be phenomenal. But I don't buy their propaganda no matter what other good works they do.

John O'Shea's GOAL in my opinion is the better option.
    Just a point of information, Trocaire have a higher percent direct spend than any other agency due to the fact that they have a very high level of volunteering within the organistaion.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never given to charity, bar my taxes, so I don't care.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toughbutfair View Post
    ... so I don't care.
    We know!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I support Trocaire but have to admit that I went right off Concern when its CEO used his office to take sides in the Lisbon debate.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I prefer to donate to non-denominational charities myself - I used to choose GOAL but lately John O'Shea seems to have become more into criticizing than anything else. he could well be justified I suppose but imo he used to get his message across without the hectoring tone. the red cross and medicins sans frontieres seem to be doing very good work. I am not to gone on trocaires advertising methods it tries too hard to tug at the heart strings and for that reason it comes across to me as overdone.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hopi watcher View Post
    we know!!!!
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The sooner the white man (though increasingly Chinese) pulls out of Africa the better. Charities included.

There's no easy solution to the African problem but handouts which inadvertently help in propping up tyrannical juntas are certainly part of it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtbooker View Post
    The sooner the white man (though increasingly Chinese) pulls out of Africa the better. Charities included.

There's no easy solution to the African problem but handouts which inadvertently help in propping up tyrannical juntas is certainly part of the problem.
    You have a point. but I reckon you could leave out the inadvertent part with the chinese when it comes to propping up tyrants.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iartaoiseach View Post
    You have a point. but I reckon you could leave out the inadvertent part with the chinese when it comes to propping up tyrants.
    No - China has its eye on exploiting AFrica.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast