Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Meteor Difficulties

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Meteor Difficulties

Meteor Broadband would seem to have suffered a DNS attack, if you are expecting an email from a meteor user go for a pint instead
    Regards, Pat Gill

And if not, can we go for a pint anyway ? In solidarity or something ..
    Redacted.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EvotingMachine

Thats a good plan, if we had the right info maybe we could persuade MC or MOL to pay
    Regards, Pat Gill

I'm not swapping pints with MC. But I'll go boozing with MOL no problem.
    Redacted.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i apologise for tacking this on here but it is about meteor and i would appreciate any advice. i signed up to meteor broadband to go a few years ago i had an 18 month contract with them and when it was up i kept using the service although i never renewed the contract i just paid the bill every month when it arrived .a few weeks ago we got sky tv and broadband so i no longer need meteor.i went in today to cancel it my bill was paid up until yesterday and was told i had to give them 30 days notice of cancellation and would be billed for another month. i pointed out that ive had no contract with them for the last 2 years and i have no intention of paying them any more money i havent used the dongle in the last 2 weeks anyway since we ve had sky bb .even though it was paid for in advance .doe s anyone know where i stand from a legal viewpoint can they really try to bill me for something that they have no contract for .many thanks