Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ECB rate cut?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ECB rate cut?

Apparently this rumour is doing the rounds.

Well the fact remains that the current situation is like a Tory rightwinger's sauciest fantasy made real. The ECB has been pushing, as hard as it can, for a situation in which the Eurozone's only affordable sunny destinations are sorely tempted to say "sod it", form their own breakaway rebel union, and devalue their way to solvency.

So much for the macro picture. The micro situation is that such an eventuality would set the stage for an early recovery, and possibly a rennaissance in FF support.

It's not out of the question that a period of high job creation could happen in such a scenario. And, of course, it will slow or even reverse the number of mortgages slipping into arrears. A good time to call an election to minimise losses.

It's all rumour and supposition at this point, of course.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would be amazed if there was a cut. However, if a tracker mortgage guy like me can save more money - then cool, also it would reduce the EURO so good for exports.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When do the French and German economic figures come out this week?

Because that is only thing that will determine the direction of the ECB.

ECB is all German at heart as good pals with the Frenchies.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FT.com / Investor's notebook - Could the ECB cut rates?

"Mr Barrow says the key is the economic outlook – crucially, inflation.

“Despite a recent rise in headline inflation, core prices have been benign. Growth also seems to be faltering. In addition, there are budget tensions in the eurozone.

“While the ECB will clearly not maintain policy largesse solely to aid the deficit fight of Greece and others, throwing this issue into the low inflation and weak growth mix increases the odds of a rate cut.”"
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Politics.ie Member Dreaded_Estate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is zero chance of an ECB rate cut at the moment feargach.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if there was a cut would it be passed on by the (profanity) in Irish banks ????

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wont happen. Dont be giving us false hope

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded_Estate View Post
    There is zero chance of an ECB rate cut at the moment feargach.
    Don't tell me, tell the Financial Times.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    Even if there was a cut would it be passed on by the (profanity) in Irish banks ????
    Yes it would - for tracker mortgage holders.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast