Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 862

Thread: Israeli "hit squad" used Irish passports

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Israeli "hit squad" used Irish passports

    The Belfast Telegraph reports that authorities in the UAE are alleging that members of a suspected Israeli hit squad used Irish passports to enter the country. Once in the country they allegedly killed a top Hamas commander.

    After the killing they allegedly fled to a "European country"


    Israeli hit squad that killed Hamas commander 'had Irish passports' - World news, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk


    In 1986 US official Oliver North who was involved in the Iran-Contra scandal used an impproperly acquired Irish passport

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member truthisfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    5,573
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    In 1986, US officials, including Oliver North, reportedly used Irish passports to travel to Iran to offer missiles for hostages.
    Passports for sale anyone!

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Aristodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The only thing that can be said with any degree of certainty is that any alleged Israelis did not enter Dubai on Israeli passports. The rest is just conjecture

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,461
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breadan O'Connor View Post
    The Belfast Telegraph reports that authorities in the UAE are alleging that members of a suspected Israeli hit squad used Irish passports to enter the country. Once in the country they allegedly killed a top Hamas commander.

    After the killing they allegedly fled to a "European country"


    Israeli hit squad that killed Hamas commander 'had Irish passports' - World news, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk


    In 1986 US official Oliver North who was involved in the Iran-Contra scandal used an impproperly acquired Irish passport
    They must have got them before the go slow.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member GabhaDubh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Posts
    2,103
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    During the Iran hostage failed rescue, Operation Eagle Claw, which result in 8 fatalities, the CIA covert operatives if I remember right were also carrying Irish passports ?.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GabhaDubh View Post
    During the Iran hostage failed rescue, Operation Eagle Claw, which result in 8 fatalities, the CIA covert operatives if I remember right were also carrying Irish passports ?.
    The Jewish community in Ireland should be questioned for their possible involvement in this incident. We'd do no less if they were Muslim, right?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    What I want to know is what hasn't the Irish government sent agents to UAE themselves to kill Hamas scum?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GabhaDubh View Post
    During the Iran hostage failed rescue, Operation Eagle Claw, which result in 8 fatalities, the CIA covert operatives if I remember right were also carrying Irish passports ?.
    Nearly correct. It was not CIA but the Special Forces infiltrated into the country who were using Irish passports. They were led by the well known Dick Meadows:

    "For more than a week prior to the rescue attempt, Dick Meadows had been on the ground
    conducting clandestine mission support activities in and around Tehran. Again a
    volunteer, he was operating undercover as an Irish citizen working for a
    European auto company."
    Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    1,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Fake or real?
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

    - Niccolò Machiavelli

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Lord View Post
    Nearly correct. It was not CIA but the Special Forces infiltrated into the country who were using Irish passports. They were led by the well known Dick Meadows:

    "For more than a week prior to the rescue attempt, Dick Meadows had been on the ground
    conducting clandestine mission support activities in and around Tehran. Again a
    volunteer, he was operating undercover as an Irish citizen working for a
    European auto company."
    I believe that a CIA/Mossad plane painted in Aer Lingus colours had a part to play in the Iran/Contra Affair...
    Economic Left/Right: 0.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •