Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Death of Chocolate as we know it?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Death of Chocolate as we know it?

nooooooooooo....!

BBC News - Kraft Foods completes Cadbury takeover

US firm Kraft Foods has sealed its takeover of Cadbury after shareholders in the UK chocolate maker voted in favour of the deal.

Cadbury said it had received valid acceptances of the offer from investors representing 71.7% of the firm.

Kraft chief executive Irene Rosenfeld said: "I warmly welcome Cadbury employees into the Kraft Foods family."

Earlier, Cadbury workers had staged protests in London calling for government support to guarantee jobs.

The deadline for Cadbury shareholders to accept a £11.5bn ($18.9bn) offer from Kraft was 1300 GMT.

Business Secretary Lord Mandelson will meet Ms Rosenfeld later to discuss jobs.
    I've said it before - they'll take my Curly-Wurly from my cold dead hands.
    “A healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is living” R. Steiner

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Death of Chocolate as we know it?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    The Death of Chocolate as we know it?

yep - I asked that question too. Goodbye to all this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJGsDKKFA18"]YouTube- Fógra Cadbury as Gaeilge/Irish Cadbury Advert[/ame]

We'll be stuck with that horrid UK vannilla stuff, or worse, those little sheep turds that pass for chocolate but taste like vomit. hershey' kisses are they?
    Last edited by yehbut_nobut; 2nd February 2010 at 08:51 PM.
    “A healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is living” R. Steiner

I see muppets buying into Brit centric view.

Funny how Nestle destroyed Rowntree........................NOT.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nestle.

makers of the worlds WORST easter eggs.

times like this makes me glad ive pretty much given up on chocolate. its never been the same since the macaroon bar went underground.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It seems funny that people think Cadbury's will necessarily change their recipe simply because their ownership has passed to another set of shareholders. It is far more likely that initial changes will come at management, administrative and marketing levels. After that they may consolidate factories, which will possibly effect those who think Cadburys made in Ireland tastes better than that made in England. But then again it might not. But they aren't going to change their products - Kraft bought Cadbury's because of the brand and the product - they will want to preserve that. To destroy it would destroy their investment.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yehbut_nobut View Post
    yep - I asked that question too. Goodbye to all this...

YouTube- Fógra Cadbury as Gaeilge/Irish Cadbury Advert

We'll be stuck with that horrid UK vannilla stuff, or worse, those little sheep turds that pass for chocolate but taste like vomit. hershey' kisses are they?
    I'm giving up Cadbury's having boycotted Nestle for a long while. Guess I will have to keep a supply of Green and Blacks or O Connaills chocolate in my handbag from now on lest my cravings get the better of me and I eat turd masquerading as chocolate.

I'm most disgusted that its Kraft and not any other nasty MNC - I mean all they've mastered over their yrs of work is plastic cheese *shudders*

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by constitutionus View Post
    nestle.

makers of the worlds WORST easter eggs.

times like this makes me glad ive pretty much given up on chocolate. its never been the same since the macaroon bar went underground.
    You can still get those in some places you know - they're made by Wilton Candy:

"The Macaroon Chocolate Bar is made by Wilton Candy in Co. Kildare, Ireland. Its description on the actual bar is "Macaroon pieces in Irish milk chocolate", The ingredients contain milk chocolate, desiccated coconut and vanillin. It was first made in 1937"

Macaroon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bet you could order them by the box?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its the cream eggs i worry about. I know they wont want to kill the 'golden egg'. Do they have cream eggs in America, do they understand their cultural and cullinary significance? Or will they spoil them by making them year round.
    I may not sleep tonight.
    Cira/rira Not in my name.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahj View Post
    I'm giving up Cadbury's having boycotted Nestle for a long while. Guess I will have to keep a supply of Green and Blacks or O Connaills chocolate in my handbag from now on lest my cravings get the better of me and I eat turd masquerading as chocolate.

I'm most disgusted that its Kraft and not any other nasty MNC - I mean all they've mastered over their yrs of work is plastic cheese *shudders*
    Cadbury has owned Green & Black since 2005... so now Kraft owns Green & Black.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast