Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meteor launches Irish voicemail service celebrating the Irish language

Default Meteor launches Irish voicemail service celebrating the Irish language

Síle Seoige is unveiled as the Voice of Meteor Irish Voicemail

Monday, 18th January 2010: Irish mobile phone network operator Meteor has today launched a new, innovative, first to market, Irish voicemail service available exclusively to all Meteor customers. Launched with Gaeilgeoir Síle Seoige, the new messaging service allows Meteor customers to use the ‘cúpla focal in a small way each day.

In order to access the Irish voicemail service, Meteor customers simply dial 171, then from the menu choose option 4 mailbox preferences and then option 9 to choose mailbox language.
    Full press release here.

Politics.ie Member The Caped Cod's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's nice that they are supporting the Irish language, now if we could just get them to stop disguising their city masts as drain pipes and chimenys in case people complain about having them on the roof of their building we'd be motoring.
    "Authority that cannot be questioned is tyranny and I will not accept tyranny, any tyranny, even that of heaven."
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Eco-Fascist View Post
    Can we start a sweep on the first post condemning it as a dead language gombeen waste of money for culchie gaelgoir bigots who are the spawn of satan.

I'm going for post six.
    We are all born mad. Some remain so.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh right well......

silly boys...muffle muffle

waste of private money.....snuffle wuffle

donate it to blind charities... huffle duffle.

dead language.. bing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riadach View Post
    Oh right well......

silly boys...muffle muffle

waste of private money.....snuffle wuffle

donate it to blind charities... huffle duffle.

dead language.. bing.
    Don't forget - "When's the Latin version coming out? *snigge r* *snigge r*".

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vodafone globalised brand everywhere

O2 same

3 Similar being from Hong Kong except a truly evil company

Tesco Mobile lol!

Meteor, Eircoms arm owned by By Eircom and thus by STT and by default the Singapore Government.

Meteor 100% Irish gaelgori me ar$e, I see this as green (as in irish) washing to try and distinguish themselves as "Irish" from the rest. I have more respect for Vodafone who has sponsored Clare GAA and now the Dubs as having contributed to our "culture" than Meteor have by promoting a dead language whos only existence is possible by pouring in state money to the jabba the hut it has become. How many morons will go fiddling with their phones and set it to Irish by mistake and not be able to set it back as they won't under stand the commands in Gaelic!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was post 5 estragon, you lose.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by netwhizkid View Post
    Vodafone globalised brand everywhere

O2 same

3 Similar being from Hong Kong except a truly evil company

Tesco Mobile lol!

Meteor, Eircoms arm owned by By Eircom and thus by STT and by default the Singapore Government.

Meteor 100% Irish gaelgori me ar$e, I see this as green (as in irish) washing to try and distinguish themselves as "Irish" from the rest. I have more respect for Vodafone who has sponsored Clare GAA and now the Dubs as having contributed to our "culture" than Meteor have by promoting a dead language whos only existence is possible by pouring in state money to the jabba the hut it has become. How many morons will go fiddling with their phones and set it to Irish by mistake and not be able to set it back as they won't under stand the commands in Gaelic!
    What?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    What?
    Meteor are using this as a stunt to try and emphasise their "Irishness" when they are no more Irish than Barrack Hussein Bin Osama II. Can I dumb it down any further?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by netwhizkid View Post
    Meteor are using this as a stunt to try and emphasise their "Irishness" when they are no more Irish than Barrack Hussein Bin Osama II. Can I dumb it down any further?
    No. I think you're about as dumb as it gets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast